Ka Yu Cheng
Affiliation: Murdoch University
- A new approach for in situ cyclic voltammetry of a microbial fuel cell biofilm without using a potentiostatKa Yu Cheng
Faculty of Sustainability, Environment and Life Sciences, Murdoch University, WA 6150, Australia
Bioelectrochemistry 74:227-31. 2009..The application of computer-control components should be further explored to facilitate control, diagnosis as well as optimization of MFC processes...
- Fate of 14C-Pyrene in soil-plant system amended with pig manure compost and Tween 80: a growth chamber studyKa Yu Cheng
Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Bioresour Technol 99:8406-12. 2008..Overall, this study suggested that the co-application of PMC and Tween 80 could improve phytoremediation of Pyr-contaminated soil...
- Effects of pig manure compost and nonionic-surfactant Tween 80 on phenanthrene and pyrene removal from soil vegetated with Agropyron elongatumK Y Cheng
Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Chemosphere 73:791-7. 2008..This paper suggests that the addition of either PMC or nonionic-surfactant Tween 80 could facilitate phytoremediation of PAH contaminated soil...
- Anodophilic biofilm catalyzes cathodic oxygen reductionKa Yu Cheng
Faculty of Sustainability, Environmental and Life Science, Murdoch University, WA 6150, Australia
Environ Sci Technol 44:518-25. 2010..Further research is warranted to explore the application of such bidirectional microbial catalytic properties for sustainable MFC processes...
- Energy-efficient treatment of organic wastewater streams using a rotatable bioelectrochemical contactor (RBEC)Ka Yu Cheng
Faculty of Science and Engineering, Murdoch University, Australia
Bioresour Technol 126:431-6. 2012..The RBEC removed COD more energy-efficiently than conventional activated sludge processes as active aeration is not required (0.47 vs. 0.7-2.0 kW h kg COD(-1))...
- Affinity of microbial fuel cell biofilm for the anodic potentialKa Yu Cheng
Faculty of Sustainability, Environment and Life Sciences, Murdoch University, South Street, Perth WA 6150, Australia
Environ Sci Technol 42:3828-34. 2008..This information would be useful for modeling and optimization of microbial fuel cells and the relative comparison of different microbial consortia at the anode...
- Novel methanogenic rotatable bioelectrochemical system operated with polarity inversionKa Yu Cheng
Faculty of Sustainability, Environmental and Life Sciences, Murdoch University, WA, Australia
Environ Sci Technol 45:796-802. 2011..Further, the current report shows the first example of a BES with identical biofilm (due to intermittent polarity inversion) on both electrodes...
- Ammonium as a sustainable proton shuttle in bioelectrochemical systemsRalf Cord-Ruwisch
Faculty of Sustainability, Environment and Life Sciences, Murdoch University, South Street, Perth, WA 6150, Australia
Bioresour Technol 102:9691-6. 2011..Hence, NH(4)(+)/NH(3) acted as a proton shuttle that is not consumed in the process...