Darren P Morton
- The effectiveness of the Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) in Australasia for reducing selected chronic disease risk factors: a feasibility studyDarren P Morton
Lifestyle Education Research Group, Faculty of Education and Science, Avondale College of Higher Education, Cooranbong, NSW 2265, Australia
N Z Med J 126:43-54. 2013....
- Characteristics and etiology of exercise-related transient abdominal painD P Morton
Discipline of Human Physiology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, The University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 32:432-8. 2000....
- Factors influencing exercise-related transient abdominal painDarren P Morton
Avondale Centre for Exercise Sciences, Avondale College, NSW, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 34:745-9. 2002..STP may occur as a result of referred pain from tissues innervated by the phrenic nerve; these tissues are implicated in theories proposed to explain ETAP...
- Exercise related transient abdominal painD P Morton
Avondale College, Cooranbong, NSW, Australia
Br J Sports Med 37:287-8. 2003..The causes of exercise related transient abdominal pain remain to be elucidated...
- EMG activity is not elevated during exercise-related transient abdominal painDarren P Morton
Avondale Centre for Exercise Sciences, Avondale College, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 11:569-74. 2008..3+/-0.7microV) and a maximum voluntary contraction of the abdominal muscles (17.5+/-0.7microV). It was concluded that ETAP is not associated with elevated EMG activity, suggesting that the pain is not the result of muscle cramping...
- Influence of posture and body type on the experience of exercise-related transient abdominal painDarren P Morton
Faculty of Education, Avondale College, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 13:485-8. 2010..05). There was no relationship between any measure of body type and ETAP. The findings indicate that postural abnormality, particularly in the thoracic region, influences the experience of ETAP...
- Effectiveness of a volunteer-delivered lifestyle modification program for reducing cardiovascular disease risk factorsPaul Rankin
Lifestyle Education Research Group, Faculty of Education and Science, Avondale College of Higher Education, New South Wales, Australia
Am J Cardiol 109:82-6. 2012..In conclusion, significant reductions in cardiovascular disease risk factors can be achieved in a 30-day lifestyle intervention delivered by volunteers, providing a cost-effective mode of administering lifestyle medicine...
- Heart rate responses and fluid balance of competitive cross-country hang gliding pilotsDarren P Morton
Faculty of Education, Avondale College Cooranbong, NSW, Australia
Int J Sports Physiol Perform 5:55-63. 2010..To evaluate the physiological challenges of competitive cross-country hang gliding...
- Epidemlology of exercise-related transient abdominal pain at the Sydney City to Surf community runD P Morton
Avondale Centre for Exercise Sciences, Faculty of Lifestyle Education, Avondale College, Cooranbong, New South Wales, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 8:152-62. 2005..12, p< 0.01) and report shoulder tip pain (r= 0.14, p< 0.01). The results indicate that ETAP is a commonly experienced problem and provide insights into the cause of the complaint...