- The Australian mental health crisis: a system failure in need of treatmentPhilip Morris
Australas Psychiatry 14:332-3. 2006
- Blunted growth hormone response to clonidine in post-traumatic stress disorderPhilip Morris
Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Psychoneuroendocrinology 29:269-78. 2004..This suggests that post-synaptic alpha2-receptors are subsensitive. This finding is consistent with other studies showing increased noradrenergic activity in PTSD...
- Vocational rehabilitation in psychiatry: a re-evaluationPhilip Morris
Health Sciences, Bond University, PO Box 1570, Burleigh Heads, Queensland 4220, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 38:490-4. 2004....
- Prolactin response to d-fenfluramine in combat-related post-traumatic stress disorderIsaac Schweitzer
The Melbourne Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Richmond, Australia
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 7:291-8. 2004..To confirm this, further studies involving both healthy and combat-exposed control groups in addition to subjects with PTSD of similar ages are required...
- Abnormal functional connectivity in posttraumatic stress disorderMarnie E Shaw
School of Physics, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Neuroimage 15:661-74. 2002..Our multivariate analysis explicitly measures the reliability of the patterns of functional connectivity we obtain and demonstrates the potential of such analyses for the study of brain network dysfunction in psychopathology...
- Cerebral function in posttraumatic stress disorder during verbal working memory updating: a positron emission tomography studyC Richard Clark
School of Psychology, Flinders Medical Research Institute, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Biol Psychiatry 53:474-81. 2003..This study examined cerebral function in posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) during the updating of working memory to trauma-neutral, verbal information...
- Blunted prolactin response to D-fenfluramine in post-stroke major depressionPhilip Morris
Gold Coast District Health Services, Integrated Mental Health Service, PO Box 554, Southport, Queensland 4215, Australia
J Affect Disord 76:273-8. 2003..This study investigated whether patients suffering from post-stroke depressive disorder had a similar disturbance in central serotonergic function to that described in non-brain injured depressed patients...
- Abnormal frontal and parietal activity during working memory updating in post-traumatic stress disorderDarren L Weber
Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory, The Flinders University of South Australia, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
Psychiatry Res 140:27-44. 2005..Abnormal function in these brain networks helps to explain everyday concentration and memory difficulties in PTSD...
- Open trial of interpersonal psychotherapy for chronic post traumatic stress disorderMichael Robertson
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 15:375-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the feasibility of adapting group-based interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT-G) for patients with chronic post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...