E V Villanueva
Affiliation: Monash University
- The validity of self-reported weight in US adults: a population based cross-sectional studyE V Villanueva
Centre for Clinical Effectiveness, Monash Institute of Health Services Research, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Public Health 1:11. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Predictors of the degree of weight discrepancy are gender-specific, and require careful consideration when examined...
- Does Interpersonal Psychotherapy improve clinical care for adolescents with depression attending a rural child and adolescent mental health service? Study protocol for a cluster randomised feasibility trialCate Bearsley-Smith
School of Psychology, Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Monash University, Traralgon, Victoria, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 7:53. 2007..This paper outlines the study rationale and design for this community based research trial...
- Estimates of complications of medical care in the adult US populationE V Villanueva
Monash Institute of Public Health, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 1:2. 2001..We describe the relationship between the annual prevalence of complications of medical care (CM) and socio-demographic characteristics in the adult US population...
- Improving question formulation for use in evidence appraisal in a tertiary care setting: a randomised controlled trial [ISRCTN66375463]E V Villanueva
Centre for Clinical Effectiveness, Monash Institute of Health Services Research, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 1:4. 2001..This study determined whether adding simple instructions and examples on clinical question formulation would increase the specificity of the submitted question compared to using a standard form without instructions and examples...
- The 2003 Australian Breast Health Survey: survey design and preliminary resultsElmer V Villanueva
National Breast Cancer Centre, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
BMC Public Health 8:13. 2008..In this article, we focus on major aspects of the design and present results on respondents' knowledge about mammographic screening...
- Bariatric surgery in Australia: who, why and how?Simon C Kitto
Department of Rural and Indigenous Health, School of Rural Health, Monash Univrsity, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 77:727-32. 2007..Further research and policy and practice developments in bariatric surgery are needed, especially with regard to the Australian context...
- Surgeons' attitudes towards and usage of evidence-based medicine in surgical practice: a pilot studySimon Kitto
Department of Surgery, Monash Medical Centre and School of Rural Health, Monash University, MOE, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 77:231-6. 2007..The Monash University Department of Surgery at Monash Medical Centre implemented a pilot study to explore current knowledge, attitudes and behaviours of practising surgeons towards EBM techniques...
- Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Effectiveness fact sheet: suspected meningitis - role of lumbar puncture and computed tomographyJ de Campo
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Southern Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Australas Radiol 49:252-3. 2005
- An evaluation of methods used in health technology assessments produced for the Medical Services Advisory CommitteeEmily S Petherick
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, York, UK
Med J Aust 187:289-92. 2007..To examine the methods used in health technology assessments (HTAs) produced for the Medical Services Advisory Committee (MSAC) reviewing the effectiveness of a technology or procedure...
- Surgery is not just an artElmer V Villanueva
ANZ J Surg 76:1132-3. 2006
- Re: Trends in the treatment of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastHelen Zorbas
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1258; author reply 1259-60. 2004
- Trends in hospital admissions and mortality from asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in AustraliaElmer V Villanueva
Med J Aust 188:259. 2008