Affiliation: Monash University
- Stable neuropsychological deficits in adult polyglucosan body diseaseGreg Savage
Neuropsychology Unit, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 14:473-7. 2007..This case contributes to the body of knowledge about the cognitive manifestations of this rare disease, and the stability of its functional impact over time...
- Early detection of memory impairment in Alzheimer's disease: a neurocognitive perspective on assessmentGeorgia Lowndes
School of Psychology, Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Monash University, Clayton, Vic, Australia
Neuropsychol Rev 17:193-202. 2007..We suggest that a new PAL variant, 'associate-recognition', may prove to be clinically efficacious...
- Beta-amyloid imaging and memory in non-demented individuals: evidence for preclinical Alzheimer's diseaseKerryn E Pike
School of Psychology, Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Brain 130:2837-44. 2007..The data also suggests that early intervention trials for AD targeted to non-demented individuals with cerebral Abeta deposition are warranted...
- The impact of progressive semantic loss on reading aloudAdam McKay
Department of Psychology, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Cogn Neuropsychol 24:162-86. 2007..In contrast, semantic loss was related to longer latencies for both consistent and inconsistent words. These findings support models of reading that include a role for semantics in the reading-aloud process...
- An on-line investigation of lexical ambiguity processing in schizophreniaDavid Copland
Center for Research in Language Processing and Linguistics, Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Brain Cogn 48:324-7. 2002..At 1250 ms ISI, a pattern of nonselective meaning facilitation was obtained. These results suggest an attentional breakdown in the sustained inhibition of meanings on the basis of lexical context...
- Maintaining and updating semantic context in schizophrenia: an investigation of the effects of multiple remote primesHelen J Chenery
Center for Research in Language Processing and Linguistics, Division of Speech Pathology, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Psychiatry Res 126:241-52. 2004..The results support and extend the hypothesis that schizophrenia is associated with concurrent increases in tonic dopamine activity and decreases in phasic dopamine activity...
- Testosterone aromatization and cognition in women: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialSonal Shah
NH and MRC Centre of Clinical Research Excellence in the Women s Health Program, Department of Medicine, Central and Eastern Clinical School, Monash University, Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Victoria, Australia
Menopause 13:600-8. 2006..To explore whether inhibition of the conversion of testosterone to estradiol modifies the effects of testosterone on cognition in 61 healthy, estrogen-treated postmenopausal women...
- Abnormal configural face perception in a patient with right anterior temporal lobe atrophyMark A Williams
McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Neurocase 12:286-91. 2006..We demonstrate that this patient is not able to process faces via configural information, raising the possibility that the right anterior temporal lobe has a role in configural face processing...