G Y Nie
Affiliation: Monash University
- Nie G, Li Y, Wang J, Minoura H, Findlay J, Salamonsen L. Complex regulation of calcium-binding protein D9k (calbindin-D(9k)) in the mouse uterus during early pregnancy and at the site of embryo implantation. Biol Reprod. 2000;62:27-36 pubmed..5. In situ hybridization localized this mRNA predominantly in the luminal epithelium of the pregnant uterus. The complex regulation of calbindin-D(9k) in mouse uterus suggests an important role for this protein during pregnancy. ..
- Nie G, Li Y, Batten L, Griffiths B, Wang J, Findlay J, et al. Uterine expression of alternatively spliced mRNAs of mouse splicing factor SC35 during early pregnancy. Mol Hum Reprod. 2000;6:1131-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate, for the first time, that an essential splicing factor is regulated in a complex manner during implantation in the mouse uterus. Hence, its correct regulation could be important for the success of pregnancy. ..
- Nie G, Hampton A, Li Y, Findlay J, Salamonsen L. Identification and cloning of two isoforms of human high-temperature requirement factor A3 (HtrA3), characterization of its genomic structure and comparison of its tissue distribution with HtrA1 and HtrA2. Biochem J. 2003;371:39-48 pubmed..Interestingly, both HtrA1 and HtrA3 are highly expressed in the placenta. Identification of the tissue-specific function of each HtrA family member is clearly of importance. ..
- Nie G, Li Y, Minoura H, Findlay J, Salamonsen L. Specific and transient up-regulation of proprotein convertase 6 at the site of embryo implantation and identification of a unique transcript in mouse uterus during early pregnancy. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:439-47 pubmed..These data lead us to suggest that PC6 plays an important role in the processes of stromal cell decidualization and embryo implantation. ..
- Nie G, Li Y, Minoura H, Batten L, Ooi G, Findlay J, et al. A novel serine protease of the mammalian HtrA family is up-regulated in mouse uterus coinciding with placentation. Mol Hum Reprod. 2003;9:279-90 pubmed..Based on PRSP protein domain structure and its unique expression during pregnancy, we propose that PRSP plays an important role in the formation/function of the placenta. ..