Jennifer M Newton
Affiliation: Monash University
- Developing facilitation skills--a narrativeJennifer M Newton
School of Nursing, Monash University
Collegian 10:27-30. 2003..Drawing upon the work of narrative inquiry the author shares her experiences in the anticipation that in telling her story it will assist others in their journey of becoming a facilitator...
- The transitional journey through the graduate year: a focus group studyJennifer M Newton
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Monash University, Peninsula Campus, Australia
Int J Nurs Stud 44:1231-7. 2007..In Australia, many hospitals provide Graduate Year Programmes to assist new graduates to assimilate into their new roles and environments...
- Journeying through clinical placements--an examination of six student casesJennifer M Newton
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Peninsula Campus, Frankston, Victoria 3199, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 29:630-4. 2009..Novices' participation and learning was mapped through their clinical experiences from student to graduate, as part of a multi-method longitudinal study examining nurses' workplace learning...
- Exploring a pedagogical approach to integrating research, practice and teachingJennifer M Newton
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 7:Article3. 2010..Furthermore, provision of support for clinical staff working with students is important for success of such approaches...
- Clinical learning environment inventory: factor analysisJennifer M Newton
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Frankston, Victoria, Australia
J Adv Nurs 66:1371-81. 2010..This paper is a report of the psychometric testing of the Clinical Learning Environment Inventory...
- The motivations to nurse: an exploration of factors amongst undergraduate students, registered nurses and nurse managersJennifer M Newton
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Monash University, Frankston, Vic, Australia
J Nurs Manag 17:392-400. 2009..To identify what motivates individuals to engage in a nursing career...
- Student centredness in clinical learning: the influence of the clinical teacherJennifer M Newton
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Adv Nurs 68:2331-40. 2012..This article reports a longitudinal study examining how nursing students learn on clinical placements in three cohorts of undergraduates at a large Australian university...
- Outcomes of a clinical partnership model for undergraduate nursing studentsJennifer M Newton
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, Vic, Australia
Contemp Nurse 39:119-28. 2011..This paper describes a study that investigated how the social practices of clinical partnership placement model underpin workplace learning for undergraduate students as they transitioned to graduate...
- Uncovering knowing in practice during the graduate year: an exploratory studyJennifer M Newton
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Monash University, Frankston VIC, Australia
Contemp Nurse 31:153-62. 2009..Substantiation of these was further enhanced from focus group data. Development of practical knowledge as a novice is influenced by the degree of engagement afforded to the graduate nurse and their skills of critical reflectivity. ...