Affiliation: Monash University
- Effect of estrogen deficiency in the male: the ArKO mouse modelY Murata
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 193:7-12. 2002..Thus, studies using the ArKO mice model has led to several insights into the multiple roles played by estrogens in the development and maintenance of fertility, sexual behaviour, lipid metabolism and bone remodelling...
- Cholesterol feeding prevents adiposity in the obese female aromatase knockout (ArKO) mouseM L Misso
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, P O Box 5152, Clayton 3168, Victoria, Australia
Horm Metab Res 37:26-31. 2005....
- Changes in expression of the genes for the leptin receptor and the growth hormone-releasing peptide/ghrelin receptor in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus with long-term manipulation of adiposity by dietary meansY Kurose
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Neuroendocrinol 17:331-40. 2005..This may be an adaptive mechanism to increase responsivity to both leptin and ghrelin...
- Effect of thyroid hormone on epidermal growth factor gene expression in mouse submandibular glandM Fujieda
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Nagoya University, Japan
Endocrinology 132:121-5. 1993..In situ hybridization revealed that T3 increases EGF mRNA in GCT cells at a single cell level. These results suggest that thyroid hormone increases EGF gene transcription without affecting cellular proliferation...
- Reduction of hippocampal cell death and proteolytic responses in tissue plasminogen activator knockout mice after transient global cerebral ischemiaS R Lee
Neuroprotection Research Laboratory, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Neuroscience 150:50-7. 2007..Taken together, these data suggest that endogenous tPA contributes to hippocampal injury after cerebral ischemia, and these pathophysiologic pathways may involve links to aberrant activation of caspases and MMPs...
- Expression of apoptosis in placentae from mice lacking the prostaglandin F receptorJ Mu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka Suita, Osaka, 565 0871 Japan
Placenta 23:215-23. 2002..Apoptosis may provide insights into both normal placental development and placental dysfunction during an abnormal pregnancy from post-term pregnancy...
- Endoscopic fluorescence observation of gastric mucosa after indomethacin treatment in ratsY Murata
Division of Gastroenterology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Endoscopy 34:208-11. 2002..The aim of this study was to clarify whether the observation of mucosal autofluorescence with a newly established endoscopic fluorescence analyzing system could help us to recognize indomethacin-induced gastric lesion formation in vivo...
- Induction of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase phosphorylation by the raloxifene analog LY117018 is differentially mediated by Akt and extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase in vascular endothelial cellsK Hisamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Medical School, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:47642-9. 2001..Our findings suggest that raloxifene-induced eNOS phosphorylation is mediated by estrogen receptor alpha via a nongenomic mechanism and is differentially mediated by Akt- and ERK-dependent cascades...
- Increased sensitivity to thyroid hormone in mice with complete deficiency of thyroid hormone receptor alphaP E Macchia
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, MC 3090, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:349-54. 2001..This is an in vivo demonstration that a TR deficiency can enhance sensitivity to TH. This effect is likely due to the abrogation of the constitutive "silencing" effect of TRalpha2 in tissues expressing the TRbeta isoforms...
- Acidic endomembrane organelles are required for mouse postimplantation developmentG Sun-Wada
Division of Biological Sciences, The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan
Dev Biol 228:315-25. 2000..The Golgi complex became swollen and vacuolated, possibly due to the absence of the luminal acidic pH. These results clearly indicate that acidic compartments are essential for development after implantation...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT3 by leptin through leptin receptor in mouse metaphase 2 stage oocyteT Matsuoka
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Medical School, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 256:480-4. 1999..These results suggest possible roles of leptin in several aspects during oocyte maturation by activating the STAT signal transduction pathway...
- Thyroid hormone action on liver, heart, and energy expenditure in thyroid hormone receptor beta-deficient miceR E Weiss
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Endocrinology 139:4945-52. 1998..In contrast, except for HR and EE, the full manifestation of TH-mediated action required the presence of TR beta...
- Increase of mouse leptin production by adipose tissue after midpregnancy: gestational profile of serum leptin concentrationT Tomimatsu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 240:213-5. 1997..The m-leptin secretion from the adipose tissue also significantly increased in vitro. These results suggest that leptin, which was secreted by adipose tissue, may play important roles in mouse reproduction after midpregnancy...
- Increased expression of aquaporin-3 in the epidermis of DHCR24 knockout miceR Mirza
Division of Stress Recognition and Response, Department of Endocrinology, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Furo cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Japan
Br J Dermatol 158:679-84. 2008..Their skin was less wrinkled, shiny, and revealed features of lethal restrictive dermopathy associated with severe defects in epidermal maturation and barrier function...