Graham N Meadows
Affiliation: Monash University
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for recurrent depression: A translational research study with 2-year follow-upGraham N Meadows
Department of Psychiatry, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 48:743-55. 2014..The aim of this study was to investigate within a pragmatic study design the effectiveness of MBCT on depressive relapse/recurrence over 2 years of follow-up...
- Better access to mental health care and the failure of the Medicare principle of universalityGraham N Meadows
Monash University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 202:190-4. 2015..To examine whether adult use of mental health services subsidised by Medicare varies by measures of socioeconomic and geographic disadvantage in Australia...
- Socioeconomic disadvantage and psychotherapyGraham N Meadows
Professor of Adult Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences Monash University, c Wellington Road, Clayton 3800, Victoria, Australia
Br J Psychiatry 202:86-8. 2013..This is encouraging, however, further work would be necessary to exclude other forms of inequity. For instance, people with equivalent need in different areas might find their needs are responded to with different durations of treatment...
- Changes in met perceived need for mental healthcare in Australia from 1997 to 2007Graham N Meadows
Southern Synergy, School of Psychiatry and Psychology, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Br J Psychiatry 199:479-84. 2011..Governments also have increased spending on mental health services and been active in mental healthcare policy-making and implementation...
- The DARE study of relapse prevention in depression: design for a phase 1/2 translational randomised controlled trial involving mindfulness-based cognitive therapy and supported self monitoringFrances Shawyer
School of Psychology and Psychiatry, Monash University, Clayton Victoria 3800, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 12:3. 2012..Secondary aims of the project involve extending the phase 1 agenda to an examination of the effects of co-morbidity and mechanisms of action...
- Self-rated assessment of needs for mental health care: a qualitative analysisEllie Fossey
Department of Occupational Therapy, School of Allied Health, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Vic, 3086, Australia
Community Ment Health J 48:407-19. 2012..Collaborative care and information-sharing appear important to better meet mental health-related perceived needs...
- Does rumination mediate the relationship between mindfulness and depressive relapse?Nicole P Kearns
Department of Psychiatry, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Psychol Psychother 89:33-49. 2016..Increased mindfulness and decreased rumination have both been associated with decreased depressive relapse. The aim of this study was to investigate whether rumination mediates the relationship between mindfulness and depressive relapse...
- Perceived need for mental health care: findings from the 2007 Australian Survey of Mental Health and WellbeingGraham N Meadows
School of Psychology, Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:624-34. 2009..To provide an overview of perceived need for mental health care and response of services to those needs as assessed by the general Australian adult population...
- A cross-sectional survey of the mental health needs of refugees and asylum seekers attending a refugee health clinic: a study protocol for using research to inform local service deliveryFrances Shawyer
Department of Psychiatry, Monash University, Clayton, Vic, 3800, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 14:356. 2014..The secondary aim of the study is to establish matched risk ratios based on an Australian-born matched comparison group from the 2007 National Survey of Mental Health and Well-Being...
- Impact of an educational intervention on general practitioners' skills in cognitive behavioural strategies: a randomised controlled trialGrant A Blashki
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 188:S129-32. 2008..To evaluate the impact of an educational intervention on general practitioners' skills in cognitive behavioural strategies (CBS)...
- Best practices: the consultation-liaison in primary-care psychiatry program: a structured approach to long-term collaborationGraham N Meadows
Southern Synergy, Dandenong Hospital, Dandenong, Victoria 3175, Australia
Psychiatr Serv 58:1036-8. 2007..The column also offers some evidentiary support for this care model that suggests a best-practices model for maintaining adequacy of care for patients...