Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Monash University
- Cracking the BAFF codeFabienne Mackay
Department of Immunology, Monash University, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Nat Rev Immunol 9:491-502. 2009..We also outline the mechanisms of BAFF signalling, the impact of ligand oligomerization on receptor activation and the progress of BAFF-depleting agents in the clinical setting...
- Gene therapy delivery of myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (MOG) via hematopoietic stem cell transfer induces MOG-specific B cell deletionJie Yu Chung
Department of Immunology, Central Clinical School, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria 3181, Australia
J Immunol 192:2593-601. 2014....
- The TACI receptor regulates T-cell-independent marginal zone B cell responses through innate activation-induced cell deathWilliam A Figgett
Department of Immunology, Monash University, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Immunity 39:573-83. 2013..These findings demonstrate an unappreciated role for TACI and its ligands in the regulation of AICD during T-cell-independent B cell responses. ..
- The BAFF/APRIL system: emerging functions beyond B cell biology and autoimmunityFabien B Vincent
Department of Immunology, Monash University, Central Clinical School, Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct AMREP, 89 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 24:203-15. 2013..In this review, we provide the latest views on additional roles of the BAFF system in health and diseases, as well as an update on BAFF and autoimmunity, with particular focus on current clinical trials. ..
- The BAFF/APRIL system in SLE pathogenesisFabien B Vincent
Department of Immunology, Monash University, Central Clinical School, Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct AMREP, 89 Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Nat Rev Rheumatol 10:365-73. 2014..The role of a related cytokine, TNF ligand superfamily member 13 (also known as a proliferation-inducing ligand [APRIL]) in SLE is much less well understood, and hence this review focuses on BAFF. ..
- Mcl-1 is essential for the survival of plasma cellsVictor Peperzak
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Nat Immunol 14:290-7. 2013..Our results identify a critical role for Mcl-1 in the maintenance of plasma cells...
- B-cell stage and context-dependent requirements for survival signals from BAFF and the B-cell receptorFabienne Mackay
Department of Immunology, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Immunol Rev 237:205-25. 2010....
- Analysis of microRNA turnover in mammalian cells following Dicer1 ablationMichael P Gantier
Centre for Cancer Research, Centre for Innate Immunity and Infectious Diseases, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 39:5692-703. 2011..Our findings indicate that miRNAs are up to 10× more stable than messenger RNA and support the existence of novel mechanism(s) controlling selective miRNA cellular concentration and function...