Affiliation: Monash University
- Oocyte activation after intracytoplasmic injection with sperm frozen without cryoprotectants results in live offspring from inbred and hybrid mouse strainsOrly Lacham-Kaplan
Institute of Reproduction and Development, Monash University, Clayton, 3168 Melbourne, Australia
Biol Reprod 69:1683-9. 2003..This may become an effective strategy for sperm preservation and the restoration of most popular strains used for genetic modifications...
- In vivo and in vitro differentiation of male germ cells in the mouseOrly Lacham-Kaplan
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University, 27 31 Wright Street, Clayton, Victoria 3165, Australia
Reproduction 128:147-52. 2004..Although no viable embryos were obtained from these gametes, the prospects are that this goal is not too far from being accomplished...
- Testicular cell conditioned medium supports differentiation of embryonic stem cells into ovarian structures containing oocytesOrly Lacham-Kaplan
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University, Wellington Rd, Clayton, Australia 3165
Stem Cells 24:266-73. 2006..The production of oocytes using this method is repeatable and reliable and may be applicable to other mammalian species, including the human...
- Reduced developmental competence of immature, in-vitro matured and postovulatory aged mouse oocytes following IVF and ICSIOrly Lacham-Kaplan
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:58. 2008....
- Comparison of mice born after intracytoplasmic sperm injection with in vitro fertilization and natural matingTrevor J Wilson
Centre for Functional Genomics and Human Disease, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Mol Reprod Dev 74:512-9. 2007..These observations would support the use of ICSI for derivation of mutant mouse lines and may be of some importance for the use of this technique in human ART...
- The employment of strontium to activate mouse oocytes: effects on spermatid-injection outcomeJean Loren
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Level 3, STRIP 1 Building 75, Monash University, Wellington Rd, Clayton, Australia, 3800
Reproduction 131:259-67. 2006..5 h activation in strontium. The implementation of round-spermatid injection in combination with this oocyte-activation protocol led to live-birth outcomes not significantly different to those outcomes obtained by mature spermatozoa...
- Gene expression profiling of human oocytes following in vivo or in vitro maturationGayle M Jones
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University, Level 3, STRIP Building 75 Wellington Road, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Hum Reprod 23:1138-44. 2008..This developmental incompetence has been explained as poor oocyte cytoplasmic maturation without any determination of the likely molecular basis of this observation...