A R Kitching
Affiliation: Monash University
- Kitching A, Tipping P, Holdsworth S. IL-12 directs severe renal injury, crescent formation and Th1 responses in murine glomerulonephritis. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:1-10 pubmed..These results establish a central role for IL-12 in severe crescentic GN. ..
- Kitching A, Turner A, O Sullivan K, Dewerchin M, Lijnen H. Endogenous alpha2-antiplasmin does not enhance glomerular fibrin deposition or injury in glomerulonephritis. J Thromb Haemost. 2003;1:1992-9 pubmed..19 +/- 0.01, alpha2-AP-/- 0.36 +/- 0.03 lyzed area/total area). alpha2-AP is not important to net glomerular fibrin deposition, crescent formation or renal impairment in crescentic GN. ..
- Kitching A, Tipping P, Kurimoto M, Holdsworth S. IL-18 has IL-12-independent effects in delayed-type hypersensitivity: studies in cell-mediated crescentic glomerulonephritis. J Immunol. 2000;165:4649-57 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that even in the absence of IL-12, IL-18 can induce in vivo DTH responses and up-regulate ICAM-1 without inducing IFN-gamma, GM-CSF, or TNF-alpha production. ..
- Kitching A, Turner A, Semple T, Li M, Edgtton K, Wilson G, et al. Experimental autoimmune anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis: a protective role for IFN-gamma. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:1764-74 pubmed..They lend weight to the hypothesis that depending on the context/severity of the nephritogenic immune response IFN-gamma has different effects...
- Kitching A, Turner A, Wilson G, Semple T, Odobasic D, Timoshanko J, et al. IL-12p40 and IL-18 in crescentic glomerulonephritis: IL-12p40 is the key Th1-defining cytokine chain, whereas IL-18 promotes local inflammation and leukocyte recruitment. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:2023-33 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that in severe experimental crescentic GN, IL-12p40 is the key Th1-defining cytokine chain, whereas IL-18 has local proinflammatory roles. ..