Affiliation: Monash University
- Practice nursing in Australia: A review of education and career pathwaysRhian M Parker
Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute, Australian National University, Acton, ACT, 0200, Australia
BMC Nurs 8:5. 2009....
- Preparing nurses for primary health care futures: how well do Australian nursing courses perform?Helen Keleher
Department of Health Social Science, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Caulfield East, VIC 3145, Australia
Aust J Prim Health 16:211-6. 2010..The implication for nursing curriculum reform is that attention to achieving nursing graduate capacity for primary health care and health promotion is a priority...
- Changing gendered norms about women and girls at the level of household and community: a review of the evidenceH Keleher
Department of Health Science, Monash University, Peninsula Campus, Australia
Glob Public Health 3:42-57. 2008..A key finding is, that targeting women and girls is a sound investment, but outcomes are dependent on integrated approaches and the protective umbrella of policy and legislative actions...
- Systematic review of the effectiveness of primary care nursingHelen Keleher
Department of Health Science, Monash University Peninsula Campus, Frankston, Victoria, Australia
Int J Nurs Pract 15:16-24. 2009..Nevertheless, there is insufficient evidence about primary care nurses' roles and impact on patient health outcomes...
- Practice nurses in Australia: current issues and future directionsHelen Keleher
School of Primary Health Care, Monash University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 187:108-10. 2007..To maximise the contribution of nurses in primary care, a more systematic approach is needed, with a stronger evidence base for policy to support effective outcomes...
- Workforce development to embed mental health promotion research and evaluation into organisational practiceNerida Joss
Department of Health Science, Monash University, Frankston, Victoria
Health Promot J Austr 18:255-9. 2007..This project engaged a mental health rehabilitation organisation in health promotion research and development to build its capacity in evaluation research...
- Predictors of hysterectomy as a treatment for menstrual symptomsMelissa Graham
School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, Victoria, Australia
Womens Health Issues 18:319-27. 2008..This study of 687 middle-aged Australian women suffering from menstrual symptoms aimed to identify the common health and demographic characteristics that were likely to lead to hysterectomy for the treatment of these problems...
- The nature of evidence resources and knowledge translation for health promotion practitionersRebecca Armstrong
Cochrane Health Promotion and Public Health Field, Melbourne, Australia
Health Promot Int 22:254-60. 2007..This paper also considers the potential role of knowledge brokers in helping to identify and translate evidence into practice...
- Managing professionals: The emerging leadership role of Victorian Maternal and Child Health coordinatorsKerreen Reiger
Sociology Program, School of Social Sciences, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Int J Nurs Pract 10:58-63. 2004..Although many nurses skillfully negotiated tensions with peers and management, their leadership role needs further clarification and support...
- Impact evaluation of a five-day Short Course in Health Promotion: workforce development in actionHelen Keleher
School of Health and Social Development, Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria
Health Promot J Austr 16:110-5. 2005..This paper reports on impact evaluation of a series of five-day Short Courses in Health Promotion that have been delivered to more than 2,000 people since 2002 as part of a state-wide workforce development strategy...
- Organizational change--key to capacity building and effective health promotionSue Heward
Vision 2020 Australia, Australia
Health Promot Int 22:170-8. 2007....
- Why build a health promotion evidence base about gender?Helen Keleher
Health Promot Int 19:277-9. 2004
- The 2020 Summit: messages for health promotionHelen Keleher
Health Promot J Austr 19:84-5. 2008
- Public health nursing in Australia--historically invisibleHelen Keleher
School of Health Sciences, Deakin University, Australia
Int Hist Nurs J 7:50-5. 2003....
- Report of the mid-term review of Victoria's Maternity Services ProgramHelen Keleher
School of Health Sciences, Deakin University
Aust Health Rev 25:119-26. 2002..Issues of change and facilitators of change processes in maternity services are highlighted in this article...
- Public healthFran E Baum
Department of Public Health, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA 5000
Med J Aust 176:36. 2002