Affiliation: Monash University
- Interruption or deferral of antiretroviral therapy reduces markers of bone turnover compared with continuous therapy: The SMART body composition substudyJennifer Hoy
The Alfred Hospital and Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 28:1264-74. 2013....
- Bone, fracture and frailtyJennifer Hoy
Infectious Diseases Unit, The Alfred Hospital, and Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 6:309-14. 2011..Although ART has been spectacularly effective in prevention of disease progression and improvement in survival, the effects of ART on bone health require more research...
- The great medical imitator: a case of syphilitic osteitis in the setting of HIV infectionJanine M Trevillyan
Infectious Diseases Unit, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Sex Health 10:275-8. 2013..Although syphilitic osteitis is rare, this case re-emphasises the importance of considering syphilis when HIV-infected patients present with unusual symptoms. The use of bone scan in this setting and treatment options are discussed...
- Clinical predictors of immune reconstitution following combination antiretroviral therapy in patients from the Australian HIV Observational DatabaseReena Rajasuriar
Department of Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e20713. 2011..These patients remain at risk of AIDS and non-AIDS defining illnesses. The aim of this study was to identify clinical factors associated with CD4 T-cell recovery following long-term cART...
- Determinants of viremia copy-years in people with HIV/AIDS after initiation of antiretroviral therapyStephen T Wright
The Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia Department of Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia Infectious Diseases Unit, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia RPA Sexual Health, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia Central Clinical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia Melbourne Sexual Health Center, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia The Albion Center, Sydney, Australia School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia and Infectious Diseases, Monash Medical Centre, Melbourne, Australia
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 66:55-64. 2014..The objectives of this study are (1) report the association between VCY and all-cause mortality and (2) assess associations between common patient characteristics and VCY...
- Abacavir exposure and cardiovascular risk factors in HIV-positive patients with coronary heart disease: a retrospective case-control studyJanine M Trevillyan
Infectious Diseases Unit, The Alfred Hospital, 55 Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Sex Health 10:97-101. 2013..While traditional cardiovascular risk factors and the effects of HIV and chronic inflammation all play a role, the contribution of long-term exposure to antiretroviral (ARV) agents is becoming clear...
- Biomarkers of immune dysfunction following combination antiretroviral therapy for HIV infectionGregor F Lichtfuss
Centre for Virology, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Biomark Med 5:171-86. 2011....
- The effect of HIV infection on atherosclerosis and lipoprotein metabolism: a one year prospective studyHonor Rose
Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Atherosclerosis 229:206-11. 2013..The effects of HIV infection and antiretroviral treatment on surrogate markers of atherosclerosis, and lipoprotein metabolism were evaluated in a 12 month prospective study...