Jan Lucas Hoving
Affiliation: Monash University
- A comparison between clinical assessment and magnetic resonance imaging of acute hamstring injuriesMichal E Schneider-Kolsky
Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Science, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Am J Sports Med 34:1008-15. 2006..However, little information is available to assess how magnetic resonance imaging compares with the clinical evaluation in establishing the duration of rehabilitation required...
- Manual therapy, physical therapy, or continued care by a general practitioner for patients with neck pain. A randomized, controlled trialJan Lucas Hoving
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Cabrini Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Ann Intern Med 136:713-22. 2002..Neck pain is a common problem, but the effectiveness of frequently applied conservative therapies has never been directly compared...
- How reliably do rheumatologists measure shoulder movement?J L Hoving
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Cabrini Hospital, Australia
Ann Rheum Dis 61:612-6. 2002..To assess the intrarater and interrater reliability among rheumatologists of a standardised protocol for measurement of shoulder movements using a gravity inclinometer...
- Reproducibility of cervical range of motion in patients with neck painJan Lucas Hoving
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:59. 2005..The aim of the study is to assess the intra-rater and inter-rater reproducibility of the measurement of active Range of Motion (ROM) in patients with neck pain using the Cybex Electronic Digital Inclinometer-320 (EDI-320)...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of cyclodiene insecticides and breast cancerNarges Khanjani
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
J Environ Sci Health C Environ Carcinog Ecotoxicol Rev 25:23-52. 2007..Meta-analysis of the chemicals did not reveal any statistically significant association except for heptachlor. The heterogeneity among the different studies and the methodology limitations are discussed...
- Validity of the neck disability index, Northwick Park neck pain questionnaire, and problem elicitation technique for measuring disability associated with whiplash-associated disordersJan Lucas Hoving
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Cabrini Hospital, Suite 41, Cabrini Medical Centre, 183 Wattletree Road, Victoria 3144, Malvern, Australia
Pain 102:273-81. 2003..In contrast to the PET, neither instrument captures the full spectrum of disabilities judged to be important by the patient...
- Identifying the best treatment among common nonsurgical neck pain treatments: a decision analysisGabrielle van der Velde
Institute for Work and Health, Toronto, ON, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:S184-91. 2008..Decision analysis...