Terry P Haines
Affiliation: Monash Medical Centre
- Heel raises versus prefabricated orthoses in the treatment of posterior heel pain associated with calcaneal apophysitis (Sever's Disease): a randomised control trialAlicia M James
Cardinia Casey Community Health Service, Southern Health, Cranbourne, Australia
J Foot Ankle Res 3:3. 2010..This study seeks to compare the clinical efficacy of some currently employed treatment options for the relief of disability and pain associated with posterior heel pain in children...
- Inconsistency in classification and reporting of in-hospital fallsTerry P Haines
Southern Physiotherapy School, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:517-23. 2009....
- Cost per fall: a potentially misleading indicator of burden of disease in health and residential care settingsTerry P Haines
Southern Physiotherapy Clinical School, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 19:153-61. 2013....
- The influence of protection, palliation and costs on mobility optimization of residents in nursing homes: a thematic analysis of discourseJanice Taylor
Monash University, Melbourne, Nursing and Health Sciences, Notting Hill, Victoria, Australia
Int J Nurs Stud 49:1364-74. 2012..The aim of this study was to uncover discourse relevant to resident mobility optimization to enable the origins and reasoning behind existing and intersecting policy and practice to be critically appraised...
- Documentation of in-hospital falls on incident reports: qualitative investigation of an imperfect processTerry P Haines
Department of Physiotherapy, School of Primary Health Care, Monash University, Frankston, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 8:254. 2008....
- Adherence to and efficacy of home exercise programs to prevent falls: a systematic review and meta-analysis of the impact of exercise program characteristicsEmily M Simek
Monash University, Physiotherapy Department, McMahons Road, Frankston, Victoria, 3199, Australia
Prev Med 55:262-75. 2012..To determine whether adherence to home exercise interventions for the prevention of falls in older adults relates to home exercise program characteristics and intervention efficacy...
- Pragmatic, cluster randomized trial of a policy to introduce low-low beds to hospital wards for the prevention of falls and fall injuriesTerry P Haines
Physiotherapy Department, School of Primary Health Care, Monash University, Frankston, Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:435-41. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy of a policy to introduce low-low beds for the prevention of falls and fall injuries on wards that had not previously accessed low-low beds...
- Mobility has a non-linear association with falls risk among people in residential aged care: an observational studyAnna L Barker
School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Australia
J Physiother 58:117-25. 2012..What is the association between mobility and falls risk for people living in residential aged care? Can the Physical Mobility Scale discriminate between residents at risk of falling and those not at risk?..
- A protocol for evidence-based targeting and evaluation of statewide strategies for preventing falls among community-dwelling older people in Victoria, AustraliaLesley Day
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Inj Prev 17:e3. 2011..The challenge now is to deliver the most effective interventions efficiently at a population level, and for these interventions to be taken up by older people...
- Translation of falls prevention knowledge into action in hospitals: what should be translated and how should it be done?Terry P Haines
Allied Health Research Unit, Southern Health, Kingston Centre, Kingston Rd, Cheltenham, Victoria, Australia, 3192
J Safety Res 42:431-42. 2011..Care must be taken to critically appraise the evidence and the potential applicability of that evidence to the specific hospital setting...
- Inconsistent results in meta-analyses for the prevention of falls are found between study-level data and patient-level dataTerry P Haines
Southern Physiotherapy Clinical School, Physiotherapy Department, Monash University, Frankston, Victoria 3199, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 64:154-62. 2011....
- The impact of manual handling on nursing home resident mobility during transfers on and off furniture: a systematic reviewJanice Taylor
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Melbourne, Vistoria, Australia
J Gerontol Nurs 37:48-56. 2011..Further research is required into the nature and impact of the assistance provided by staff to residents during transfers. Innovative and sustainable approaches to safe manual handling that promote resident mobility are needed...
- Effectiveness of a video-based exercise programme to reduce falls and improve health-related quality of life among older adults discharged from hospital: a pilot randomized controlled trialTerry P Haines
Physiotherapy Department, Allied Health Research Unit, Southern Physiotherapy School, Monash University, Cnr Warrigal and Kingston Roads, Cheltenham, Victoria 3192, Australia
Clin Rehabil 23:973-85. 2009..A low-cost video based exercise programme may address this...