Anna L Barker
Affiliation: Monash University
- Effect of pilates exercise for improving balance in older adults: a systematic review with meta-analysisAnna Lucia Barker
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 96:715-23. 2015..To investigate the effect of Pilates on balance and falls in older adults, and whether programs tested in prior studies met best-practice recommendations for exercise to prevent falls...
- Effectiveness of aquatic exercise for musculoskeletal conditions: a meta-analysisAnna Lucia Barker
Health Services Research Unit, Centre of Research Excellence in Patient Safety, Division of Health Services and Global Health Research, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 95:1776-86. 2014..To investigate the effectiveness of aquatic exercise in the management of musculoskeletal conditions...
- Implementation of pressure ulcer prevention best practice recommendations in acute care: an observational studyAnna Lucia Barker
The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Int Wound J 10:313-20. 2013..This study provides important insights into the knowledge translation of pressure ulcer prevention best practice guideline recommendations at The Northern Hospital...
- Mobility has a non-linear association with falls risk among people in residential aged care: an observational studyAnna L Barker
School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Australia
J Physiother 58:117-25. 2012..What is the association between mobility and falls risk for people living in residential aged care? Can the Physical Mobility Scale discriminate between residents at risk of falling and those not at risk?..
- "Death in low-mortality diagnosis-related groups": frequency, and the impact of patient and hospital characteristicsAnna L Barker
School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 195:89-94. 2011..To examine the frequency of deaths in low-mortality diagnosis-related groups (LM-DRGs) and the patient and hospital characteristics associated with them...
- The 6-PACK programme to decrease fall-related injuries in acute hospitals: protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trialAnna Barker
The Centre for Research Excellence in Patient Safety, Department of Epidemiology and Preventative Medicine, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Inj Prev 17:e5. 2011..This cluster randomised controlled trial (RCT) aims to determine the efficacy of the 6-PACK programme for preventing fall-related injuries, and its generalisability to other acute hospitals...
- A review of hospital characteristics associated with improved performanceCaroline A Brand
Centre for Research Excellence in Patient Safety, Monash University, The Alfred Centre, Prahran Victoria, Australia
Int J Qual Health Care 24:483-94. 2012..The objective of this review was to critically appraise the literature relating to associations between high-level structural and operational hospital characteristics and improved performance...
- Using hospital standardised mortality ratios to assess quality of care--proceed with extreme cautionIan A Scott
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 194:645-8. 2011..It may be better suited to monitoring changes in outcomes over time within individual institutions...
- Clinimetric evaluation of the physical mobility scale supports clinicians and researchers in residential aged careAnna L Barker
Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 89:2140-5. 2008..To investigate the interrater agreement and the internal construct validity of the Physical Mobility Scale, a tool routinely used to assess mobility of people living in residential aged care...
- Exploring the association between volition and participation in daily life activities with older adults living in the communityElizabeth K Pritchard
Department of Physiotherapy, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Clin Rehabil 28:1136-44. 2014..To explore the association between volition and participation in daily activities with older adults living in the community...