Yin C Paradies
Affiliation: Menzies School of Health Research
- Placing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mortality in an international contextYin Paradies
Cooperative Research Centre for Aboriginal and Tropical Health and Menzies, School of Health Research, Casuarina, Northern Territory
Aust N Z J Public Health 26:11-6. 2002..However, in contrast to many developing countries, low life expectancy of Indigenous Australians is the result of relatively high and early adult mortality, rather than high infant mortality...
- A systematic review of empirical research on self-reported racism and healthYin Paradies
Centre for Health and Society, University of Melbourne, Australia
Int J Epidemiol 35:888-901. 2006..Ensuring the quality of studies in this field will allow future research to reveal the complex role that racism plays as a determinant of population health...
- Racialized genetics and the study of complex diseases: the thrifty genotype revisitedYin C Paradies
Menzies School of Health Research, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Casuarina NT, Australia
Perspect Biol Med 50:203-27. 2007..A robust interdisciplinary approach to genetic epidemiological research is proposed...
- The DRUID study: exploring mediating pathways between racism and depressive symptoms among indigenous AustraliansYin C Paradies
Onemda Unit and McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Level 5, 207 Bouverie St, Melbourne, Vic, 3010, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 47:165-73. 2012..S. or the causal pathways between racism and poor health. This paper focuses on the relationship between racism and depression in a non-U.S. indigenous population, including examination of novel mediators and moderators...
- Socio-demographic factors and psychological distress in Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australian adults aged 18-64 years: analysis of national survey dataJoan Cunningham
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, Casuarina, Darwin, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:95. 2012....
- The DRUID study: racism and self-assessed health status in an indigenous populationYin C Paradies
McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:131. 2012..This paper investigates relationships between racism and self-assessed mental and physical health among Indigenous Australians as well as potential mediators of these relationships...
- Affirmative action and equity in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health: the second of three finalists' essaysYin C Paradies
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, PO Box 41096, Casuarina, NT 0811, Australia
Med J Aust 183:269-70. 2005
- Development and validation of the Measure of Indigenous Racism Experiences (MIRE)Yin C Paradies
Menzies School of Health Research, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Australia
Int J Equity Health 7:9. 2008....