Affiliation: Menzies School of Health Research
- Does the store-turnover method still provide a useful guide to food intakes in Aboriginal communities?Julie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Northern Territory
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:444-7. 2006..To consider the application of the store-turnover method as a guide to assess food intake in remote Aboriginal communities...
- Impact of income management on store sales in the Northern TerritoryJulie K Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Darwin, NT, Australia
Med J Aust 192:549-54. 2010..To examine the impact of a government income management program on store sales...
- Indigenous perspectives on active living in remote Australia: a qualitative exploration of the socio-cultural link between health, the environment and economicsSharon L Thompson
Menzies School of Health Research Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, PO Box 41096, Casuarina, Northern Territory 0811, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:473. 2013..This study aimed to explore and describe local perspectives, experiences and meanings of physical activity in two remote NT Indigenous communities...
- Food subsidy programs and the health and nutritional status of disadvantaged families in high income countries: a systematic reviewAndrew P Black
Sansom Institute for Health Research, Division of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:1099. 2012..This review summarises the evidence for the health and nutritional impacts of food subsidy programs among disadvantaged families from high income countries...
- Stores Healthy Options Project in Remote Indigenous Communities (SHOP@RIC): a protocol of a randomised trial promoting healthy food and beverage purchases through price discounts and in-store nutrition educationJulie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Building 58, Royal Darwin Hospital Campus, Rocklands Drive, Tiwi, NT 0810, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:744. 2013....
- Use of point-of-sale data to assess food and nutrient quality in remote storesJulie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, NT, Australia
Public Health Nutr 16:1159-67. 2013..To examine the feasibility of using point-of-sale data to assess dietary quality of food sales in remote stores...
- Characteristics of the community-level diet of Aboriginal people in remote northern AustraliaJulie K Brimblecombe
Wellbeing and Preventable Chronic Disease, Menzies School of Health Research, Darwin, NT
Med J Aust 198:380-4. 2013..To describe the nutritional quality of community-level diets in remote northern Australian communities...
- Measuring capacity building in communities: a review of the literatureSelma C Liberato
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:850. 2011....
- Integrating an ecological approach into an Aboriginal community-based chronic disease prevention program: a longitudinal process evaluationMargaret Cargo
Social Epidemiology and Evaluation Research Group, Sansom Institute for Health Research, University of South Australia, City East Campus, Adelaide, 5001, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:299. 2011....
- The role of energy cost in food choices for an Aboriginal population in northern AustraliaJulie K Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Royal Darwin Hospital Campus, Darwin, NT, Australia
Med J Aust 190:549-51. 2009..To explore the relationship between dietary quality and energy density of foods (MJ/kg) and energy cost ($/MJ) for an Aboriginal population living in a remote region of northern Australia...
- Factors influencing food choice in an Australian aboriginal communityJulie Brimblecombe
1Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Qual Health Res 24:387-400. 2014....
- "Hiding the story": indigenous consumer concerns about communication related to chronic disease in one remote region of AustraliaAnne Lowell
School of Health, Charles Darwin University, Darwin NT 0909, Australia
Int J Speech Lang Pathol 14:200-8. 2012..Without addressing the profound and pervasive inadequacies in communication, other interventions designed to close the gap in Indigenous health are unlikely to succeed...
- Leanness and type 2 diabetes in a population of indigenous AustraliansJulie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, P O Box 41096, Casuarina, NT 0811, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 72:93-9. 2006..To determine the prevalence of type 2 diabetes and its risk factors in a population of indigenous Australians...