Affiliation: Menzies School of Health Research
- Does the store-turnover method still provide a useful guide to food intakes in Aboriginal communities?Julie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Northern Territory
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:444-7. 2006..To consider the application of the store-turnover method as a guide to assess food intake in remote Aboriginal communities...
- Impact of income management on store sales in the Northern TerritoryJulie K Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Darwin, NT, Australia
Med J Aust 192:549-54. 2010..To examine the impact of a government income management program on store sales...
- From targets to ripples: tracing the process of developing a community capacity building appraisal tool with remote Australian Indigenous communities to tackle food securityJulie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Royal Darwin Hospital, PO Box 41096, Darwin, Northern Territory 0811, Australia
BMC Public Health 14:914. 2014..We sought to assess the relevance and meaning of a commonly used set of community capacity development constructs in the context of remote Indigenous Australia and through this propose a model to support capacity...
- Nutrition interventions at point-of-sale to encourage healthier food purchasing: a systematic reviewSelma C Liberato
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, John Mathews Building, Casuarina, NT, Australia
BMC Public Health 14:919. 2014....
- Optimisation modelling to assess cost of dietary improvement in remote Aboriginal AustraliaJulie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e83587. 2013..The cost and dietary choices required to fulfil nutrient recommendations defined nationally, need investigation, particularly for disadvantaged populations...
- Indigenous perspectives on active living in remote Australia: a qualitative exploration of the socio-cultural link between health, the environment and economicsSharon L Thompson
Menzies School of Health Research Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, PO Box 41096, Casuarina, Northern Territory 0811, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:473. 2013..This study aimed to explore and describe local perspectives, experiences and meanings of physical activity in two remote NT Indigenous communities...
- Food subsidy programs and the health and nutritional status of disadvantaged families in high income countries: a systematic reviewAndrew P Black
Sansom Institute for Health Research, Division of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:1099. 2012..This review summarises the evidence for the health and nutritional impacts of food subsidy programs among disadvantaged families from high income countries...
- Stores Healthy Options Project in Remote Indigenous Communities (SHOP@RIC): a protocol of a randomised trial promoting healthy food and beverage purchases through price discounts and in-store nutrition educationJulie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Building 58, Royal Darwin Hospital Campus, Rocklands Drive, Tiwi, NT 0810, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:744. 2013....
- Use of point-of-sale data to assess food and nutrient quality in remote storesJulie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, NT, Australia
Public Health Nutr 16:1159-67. 2013..To examine the feasibility of using point-of-sale data to assess dietary quality of food sales in remote stores...
- Characteristics of the community-level diet of Aboriginal people in remote northern AustraliaJulie K Brimblecombe
Wellbeing and Preventable Chronic Disease, Menzies School of Health Research, Darwin, NT
Med J Aust 198:380-4. 2013..To describe the nutritional quality of community-level diets in remote northern Australian communities...
- Measuring capacity building in communities: a review of the literatureSelma C Liberato
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:850. 2011....
- Integrating an ecological approach into an Aboriginal community-based chronic disease prevention program: a longitudinal process evaluationMargaret Cargo
Social Epidemiology and Evaluation Research Group, Sansom Institute for Health Research, University of South Australia, City East Campus, Adelaide, 5001, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:299. 2011....
- The role of energy cost in food choices for an Aboriginal population in northern AustraliaJulie K Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Royal Darwin Hospital Campus, Darwin, NT, Australia
Med J Aust 190:549-51. 2009..To explore the relationship between dietary quality and energy density of foods (MJ/kg) and energy cost ($/MJ) for an Aboriginal population living in a remote region of northern Australia...
- Factors influencing food choice in an Australian Aboriginal communityJulie Brimblecombe
1Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Qual Health Res 24:387-400. 2014....
- "Hiding the story": indigenous consumer concerns about communication related to chronic disease in one remote region of AustraliaAnne Lowell
School of Health, Charles Darwin University, Darwin NT 0909, Australia
Int J Speech Lang Pathol 14:200-8. 2012..Without addressing the profound and pervasive inadequacies in communication, other interventions designed to close the gap in Indigenous health are unlikely to succeed...
- Leanness and type 2 diabetes in a population of indigenous AustraliansJulie Brimblecombe
Menzies School of Health Research, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, P O Box 41096, Casuarina, NT 0811, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 72:93-9. 2006..To determine the prevalence of type 2 diabetes and its risk factors in a population of indigenous Australians...