J R Condon
Affiliation: Menzies School of Health Research
- Long-term trends in cancer mortality for Indigenous Australians in the Northern TerritoryJohn R Condon
Menzies School of Health Research, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Casuarina, NT
Med J Aust 180:504-7. 2004..To examine long-term trends in cancer mortality in the Indigenous people of the Northern Territory (NT) of Australia...
- Investigating a cluster of vulvar cancer in young women: a cross-sectional study of genital human papillomavirus prevalenceAlice R Rumbold
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
BMC Infect Dis 12:243. 2012....
- Performance of comorbidity indices in measuring outcomes after acute myocardial infarction in Australian indigenous and non-indigenous patientsJ R Condon
Health Gains Planning, Department of Health, Northern Territory Government, Casuarina, Northern Territory, Australia
Intern Med J 42:e165-73. 2012..The extent to which higher chronic disease comorbidity levels are responsible for their worse outcomes is not clear, and the performance of comorbidity indices has not been assessed for this population with very high comorbidity levels...
- Human papillomavirus prevalence among indigenous and non-indigenous Australian women prior to a national HPV vaccination programSuzanne M Garland
Regional World Health Organisation Human Papillomavirus Laboratory Network, Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, The Royal Women s Hospital, Locked Bag 300, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
BMC Med 9:104. 2011..Prior to introduction of a national human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination program, we determined HPV genotype prevalence by Indigenous status and residence in remote areas...
- Study protocol: Audit and Best Practice for Chronic Disease Extension (ABCDE) ProjectRoss Bailie
Menzies School of Health Research, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 8:184. 2008....
- Cancer in Indigenous Australians: a reviewJ R Condon
Menzies School of Health Research, Casuarina, NT, Australia
Cancer Causes Control 14:109-21. 2003..To summarize for the first time evidence of the impact of cancer on Indigenous Australians...
- Cancer incidence and survival for indigenous Australians in the Northern TerritoryJohn R Condon
Menzies School of Health Research, Northern Territory
Aust N Z J Public Health 29:123-8. 2005..To compare cancer incidence and survival for the Northern Territory (NT) Indigenous population with that of other Australians, and to assess NT Indigenous incidence time trends...
- Improvements in Indigenous mortality in the Northern Territory over four decadesJohn R Condon
Menzies School of Health Research, Casuarina, Northern Territory
Aust N Z J Public Health 28:445-51. 2004..Very little information is available about improvements over time, or lack thereof, in the health status of Indigenous Australians...
- Cancer diagnosis and treatment in the Northern Territory: assessing health service performance for indigenous AustraliansJ R Condon
Menzies School of Health Research, Casuarina, NT, Australia
Intern Med J 36:498-505. 2006..Other factors, possibly including communication difficulties, knowledge of and attitudes to cancer symptoms and treatment and social and cultural 'distance' from mainstream health services, may also be involved...
- Stage at diagnosis and cancer survival for Indigenous Australians in the Northern TerritoryJohn R Condon
Menzies School of Health Research, Box 41096, Casuarina, NT 0811, Australia
Med J Aust 182:277-80. 2005..To investigate whether Indigenous Australians with cancer have more advanced disease at diagnosis than other Australians, and whether late diagnosis explains lower Indigenous cancer survival rates...
- Incidence and survival after acute myocardial infarction in Indigenous and non-Indigenous people in the Northern Territory, 1992-2004Jiqiong You
Health Gains Planning, Department of Health and Community Services, Darwin, NT, Australia
Med J Aust 190:298-302. 2009..To estimate the incidence and survival rates of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) for Northern Territory Indigenous and non-Indigenous populations...
- Long-term trends in Indigenous deaths from chronic diseases in the Northern Territory: a foot on the brake, a foot on the acceleratorDavid P Thomas
Menzies School of Health Research, Darwin, NT
Med J Aust 185:145-9. 2006..To examine trends in Northern Territory Indigenous mortality from chronic diseases other than cancer...
- Delivery of preventive health services to Indigenous adults: response to a systems-oriented primary care quality improvement interventionDamin Si
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, NT, Australia
Med J Aust 187:453-7. 2007..To describe changes in delivery of preventive services among adults in Aboriginal communities that occurred in association with a systems-oriented intervention...
- Incidence, aetiology, and outcomes of cancer in Indigenous peoples in AustraliaJoan Cunningham
Menzies School of Health Research and Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Casuarina, NT, Australia
Lancet Oncol 9:585-95. 2008..Effective tobacco control programmes, improvements across a range of health services, and meaningful Indigenous engagement are all needed to decrease the burden of cancer in Indigenous Australians...
- A cluster of vulvar cancer and vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia in young Australian indigenous womenJohn R Condon
Services, Systems and Society Division, Menzies School of Health Research, PO Box 41096, Casuarina, NT, 0811, Australia
Cancer Causes Control 20:67-74. 2009..To describe the epidemiological features of a possible disease cluster of vulvar cancer and pre-cancers in Australian Indigenous women living in the Northern Territory (NT) of Australia...
- Northern Territory indigenous life expectancy improvements, 1967-2004Tom Wilson
School for Social and Policy Research, Charles Darwin University Northern Territory
Aust N Z J Public Health 31:184-8. 2007..To assess the extent of changes in life expectancy at birth for the Indigenous population of the Northern Territory (NT) over the period 1967-2004, and to determine which age-specific mortality rates were mostly responsible for such change...
- Participation in cervical screening by Indigenous women in the Northern Territory: a longitudinal studyPhilippa L Binns
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, Australian National University, ACT, Australia
Med J Aust 185:490-4. 2006..To investigate the effectiveness of the Northern Territory Women's Cancer Prevention Program in improving cervical screening participation for Indigenous women...