S J Wood
Affiliation: Mental Health Research Institute
- A longitudinal study of hippocampal volume in first episode psychosis and chronic schizophreniaS J Wood
The Cognitive Neuropsychiatry Research and Academic Unit, The University of Melbourne and Sunshine Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Schizophr Res 52:37-46. 2001..Alternatively, the period before the onset of frank psychotic symptoms may be the point of greatest risk for progressive change...
- Characterizing anterior cingulate activation in chronic schizophrenia: a group and single-subject fMRI studyB J Harrison
Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Acta Psychiatr Scand 116:271-9. 2007..In this study, we sought to further evaluate the notion of dAC hypofunction in chronic schizophrenia patients using a cognitive task specifically designed to activate this region, enabling both group and single-subject level analyses...
- Selective bilateral hippocampal volume loss in chronic schizophreniaD Velakoulis
Applied Schizophrenia Division, Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Biol Psychiatry 50:531-9. 2001..Group discrimination on the basis of hippocampal volume and shape measures was moderately good. A full three-dimensional analysis of hippocampal shape, based on large samples, would be a useful extension of the study...
- In vivo evidence for early neurodevelopmental anomaly of the anterior cingulate cortex in bipolar disorderA Fornito
Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Acta Psychiatr Scand 116:467-72. 2007..We investigated the evidence for early neurodevelopmental anomalies in the ACC and adjacent paracingulate cortex (PaC) of BD patients by studying cortical folding patterns of the region...
- Cognitive deficits in youth with familial and clinical high risk to psychosis: a systematic review and meta-analysisE Bora
Department of Psychiatry, Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, The University of Melbourne and Melbourne Health, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Acta Psychiatr Scand 130:1-15. 2014..Studies at-risk adolescents and young adults are likely to provide information about cognitive deficits that predate the onset of the illness...
- Reduced volume of parietal and frontal association areas in patients with schizophrenia characterized by passivity delusionsP Maruff
Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne and Sunshine Hospital, St Albans, Melbourne, Australia
Psychol Med 35:783-9. 2005..Neuropsychological and functional neuroimaging data suggest that passivity delusions are associated with dysfunction of the parietal lobe association cortex...
- A combined spectroscopic and functional MRI investigation of the dorsal anterior cingulate region in opiate addictionM Yucel
ORYGEN Research Centre, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Mol Psychiatry 12:611, 691-702. 2007....