W J Brewer
Affiliation: Mental Health Research Institute
- Stability of olfactory identification deficits in neuroleptic-naive patients with first-episode psychosisW J Brewer
Cognitive Neuropsychiatry Research, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Psychiatry 158:107-15. 2001..Olfactory identification deficits and their relationship to negative symptoms in patients with schizophrenia were examined in patients with recent-onset psychosis, the majority of whom were neuroleptic naive...
- A longitudinal study of hippocampal volume in first episode psychosis and chronic schizophreniaS J Wood
The Cognitive Neuropsychiatry Research and Academic Unit, The University of Melbourne and Sunshine Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Schizophr Res 52:37-46. 2001..Alternatively, the period before the onset of frank psychotic symptoms may be the point of greatest risk for progressive change...
- Neurocognitive predictors of functional outcome two to 13 years after identification as ultra-high risk for psychosisA Lin
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre and Centre for Youth Mental Health, University of Melbourne, Australia
Schizophr Res 132:1-7. 2011..This longitudinal study aimed to investigate neurocognitive predictors of poor functional outcome in a group identified as ultra-high risk (UHR) for psychosis between two and 13 years prior...
- Selective bilateral hippocampal volume loss in chronic schizophreniaD Velakoulis
Applied Schizophrenia Division, Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Biol Psychiatry 50:531-9. 2001..Group discrimination on the basis of hippocampal volume and shape measures was moderately good. A full three-dimensional analysis of hippocampal shape, based on large samples, would be a useful extension of the study...
- Anterior cingulate activation in antipsychotic-naïve first-episode schizophreniaM Yucel
Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Carlton South, VIC 3053, Australia
Acta Psychiatr Scand 115:155-8. 2007..Anterior cingulate (ACC) hypo-activity is commonly observed in chronically ill schizophrenia patients. However, it is unclear whether this is secondary to persistent illness and/or medication...
- Duration of untreated psychosis and cognitive deterioration in first-episode schizophreniaG P Amminger
Department of Psychiatry, Early Psychosis Prevention and Intervention Centre, MH SKY, University of Melbourne, Locked Bag 10, Parkville 3052, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Schizophr Res 54:223-30. 2002..Studies investigating the association between DUP and outcome should control for potentially confounding variables. Early treatment of psychosis could help to reduce the prominent cognitive deficit in first-episode schizophrenia...
- Olfactory identification dysfunction, aggression and impulsivity in war veterans with post-traumatic stress disorderJ F Dileo
Department of Psychology, University of Melbourne, Australia
Psychol Med 38:523-31. 2008....