Tim R H Read
Affiliation: Melbourne Sexual Health Centre
- Decline in in-patient treatments of genital warts among young Australians following the national HPV vaccination programHammad Ali
The Kirby Institute, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
BMC Infect Dis 13:140. 2013..We assessed the impact of the vaccination program on the number of in-patient treatments for genital warts...
- Oral human papillomavirus in men having sex with men: risk-factors and samplingTim R H Read
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Alfred Health, Melbourne, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e49324. 2012..Human papillomavirus (HPV)-associated oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma is becoming more common. We examined prevalence and risk factors for oral HPV among men who have sex with men (MSM) and compared sampling and transport methods...
- Risk factors for incident HIV infection in men having sex with men: a case-control studyTim R H Read
Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research, Prahran, Victoria 3004, Australia
Sex Health 4:35-9. 2007..HIV notifications affecting men having sex with men (MSM) in Victoria, Australia have been increasing. This study aimed to determine current risk factors for HIV infection in this population...
- Computer assisted self interviewing in a sexual health clinic as part of routine clinical care; impact on service and patient and clinician viewsLenka A Vodstrcil
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Alfred Hospital, and Sexual Health Unit, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e18456. 2011..We aimed to evaluate the impact of CASI operating at MSHC...
- The near disappearance of genital warts in young women 4 years after commencing a national human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination programmeTim R H Read
Department of Public Health, Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Alfred Hospital and School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria, Australia
Sex Transm Infect 87:544-7. 2011..Australia provided free quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccines to 12-18-year-old girls and women aged ≤26 years from mid-2007 until the end of 2009. After this time, only girls aged 12-13 years had access to free vaccines...
- Incidence of hepatitis-C among HIV infected men who have sex with men (MSM) attending a sexual health service: a cohort studyDeepa G Gamage
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Infect Dis 11:39. 2011..We aimed to determine the incidence of Hepatitis C (HCV) infection among HIV-infected men who have sex with men (MSM) attending a Sexual Health Centre...
- Provision of rapid HIV tests within a health service and frequency of HIV testing among men who have sex with men: randomised controlled trialTim R H Read
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Alfred Health, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
BMJ 347:f5086. 2013..To determine if the provision of rapid HIV testing to men who have sex with men attending a health service would increase their frequency of HIV testing over time...
- Anal cancers attributed to human papillomavirus are more common in areas in Victoria, Australia, with higher HIV notificationsLenka A Vodstrcil
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Alfred Hospital, Carlton, Australia
Sex Health 10:220-3. 2013..Anal cancer is more common in men who have sex with men with HIV. We aimed to determine if there was an association between anal squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and HIV notifications in men in Victoria, Australia, at a population level...
- Immunity to hepatitis A when outbreaks of infection in men who have sex with men (MSM) are rareAjith P Weerakoon
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia ajith
Vaccine 30:3430-4. 2012..Our aim was to determine the level of immunity to hepatitis A among MSM...
- Antibiotic consumption and chlamydia prevalence in international studiesSamitha Ginige
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, 580 Swanston St, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
Sex Health 3:221-4. 2006..To determine whether there is an ecological association between antibiotic use and chlamydia prevalence...
- Vaccination against sexually transmitted infectionsChristopher K Fairley
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Alfred Hospital and School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Curr Opin Infect Dis 25:66-72. 2012....
- Efavirenz plasma concentrations did not predict cessation of therapy due to neuropsychiatric symptoms in a large randomized trialTim R H Read
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Carlton, Australia
AIDS 23:2222-3. 2009..All had taken EFV for at least 4 weeks. Median EFV concentrations did not differ (P = 0.77). Measurement of EFV levels in plasma collected at variable times after the last dose did not predict central nervous system intolerance...
- Characteristics of Australian women who test positive for HIV: implications for giving test resultsCarol A Hopkins
Med J Aust 186:327. 2007
- Chlamydia testing in general practice - a survey of Victorian general practitionersJane S Hocking
School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Sex Health 3:241-4. 2006..To assess the current chlamydia testing practices of Victorian general practitioners (GPs)...
- Do all women attending urban sexual health services need testing for gonorrhoea?Tim R H Read
Sex Health 2:259-60. 2005..Fifteen cases of gonorrhoea were identified among women at MSHC, all had symptoms or an identifiable risk factor. Asymptomatic women without risk factors may not require screening for Neisseria gonorrhoeae in low prevalence populations...