Tom J Meehan
- Staff and patient perceptions of seclusion: has anything changed?Tom Meehan
The Park, Centre for Mental Health, University of Queensland, Wacol, Queensland, Australia
J Adv Nurs 47:33-8. 2004..While early research on the topic highlighted significant differences in staff and patient perceptions, there are few recent data to indicate if these differences still exist...
- Recovery-based practice: do we know what we mean or mean what we know?Tom J Meehan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston, QLD, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:177-82. 2008....
- Monitoring consumer satisfaction with inpatient service delivery: the Inpatient Evaluation of Service QuestionnaireThomas Meehan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland and Service Evaluation, and Research Unit, Wolston Park Hospital, Wacol, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 36:807-11. 2002..To report on the development, testing and psychometric properties of a brief consumer satisfaction measure for use with psychiatric inpatients...
- Consumer strategies for coping with antipsychotic medication side effectsTom Meehan
University of Queensland and The Park, Centre for Mental Health, Richlands, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 19:74-7. 2011..This study was designed to investigate the strategies employed by consumers to manage the common side effects associated with antipsychotic medication use...
- Trends in the use of Emergency Examination Orders in Queensland since the implementation of the Mental Health Intervention ProjectTom Meehan
University of Queensland and The Park, Centre for Mental Health, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 20:287-90. 2012..The aim of this present study was to assess changes in the use of Emergency Examination Orders (EEOs) by police and ambulance officers since the commencement of the MHIP...
- Does supported accommodation improve the clinical and social outcomes for people with severe psychiatric disability? The Project 300 experienceTom Meehan
University of Queensland and Service Evaluation and Research Unit, The Park, Centre for Mental Health, Locked Bag 500, Sumner Park, QLD 4074, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 45:586-92. 2011..The present study was designed to investigate the clinical and social outcomes for a group of individuals (n = 181) discharged into supported accommodation from three long-stay facilities in Queensland...
- Benchmarking Australia's mental health services: is it possible and useful?Tom J Meehan
Department of Psychiatry, The Park, Centre for Mental Health, Locked Bag 500, Richlands, Brisbane, Qld 4077, Australia
Aust Health Rev 31:623-7. 2007..Benchmarking of performance indicators in the mental health field is gaining currency in Australia as a strategy for improving service quality...
- Introduction of routine outcome measures: staff reactions and issues for considerationT Meehan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 13:581-7. 2006..The shift to a service model driven by outcomes and case-mix data will take time and resources to achieve. Implications for nursing staff are discussed...
- Reducing aggressive behaviour and staff injuries: a multi-strategy approachTom Meehan
Service Evaluation and Research Unit, University of Queenslands
Aust Health Rev 30:203-10. 2006..To evaluate the impact of a multi-strategy approach on the management of patient aggression and staff injury rates at a stand-alone mental health facility...
- Outcomes for elderly patients with mental illness following relocation from a stand-alone psychiatric hospital to community-based extended care unitsTom Meehan
University of Queensland, Wacol, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 38:948-52. 2004..To assess the outcomes for a group of elderly patients with mental illness following their discharge from a stand-alone psychiatric facility to seven extended care units (ECUs)...
- Development and evaluation of a training program in peer support for former consumersTom Meehan
Queensland University of Technology, Service Evaluation and Research Unit, Wolston Park Hospital, Wacol, QLD 4076, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 11:34-9. 2002..Barriers to consumer participation in the mental health field are discussed and recommendations for the content and structure of future consumer peer support training initiatives are proposed...