- Echinacea alkylamides modulate induced immune responses in T-cellsAnita Matthias
MediHerb Research Laboratories, 3 85 Brandl Street, Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane, Queensland 4113, Australia
Fitoterapia 79:53-8. 2008....
- Echinacea alkamide disposition and pharmacokinetics in humans after tablet ingestionA Matthias
MediHerb Research Laboratories, Room 422 Chemistry Department, The University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
Life Sci 77:2018-29. 2005..This single dose study provides evidence that alkamides are orally available and that their pharmacokinetics are in agreement with the one dose three times daily regimen already recommended for echinacea...
- Alkylamides from echinacea modulate induced immune responses in macrophagesA Matthias
MediHerb Research Laboratories, Queensland, Australia
Immunol Invest 36:117-30. 2007..Echinacea appears to attenuate the response of macrophages to an immune stimulus and its combination of phytochemicals exhibits different pharmacological properties to one or more of the isolated major individual components...
- Permeability studies of Kavalactones using a Caco-2 cell monolayer modelA Matthias
MediHerb Research Laboratories, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Clin Pharm Ther 32:233-9. 2007..To examine the bioavailability of kavalactones in vitro and the possible differences in their bioavailability because of variations in either chemical structure or the method of extraction used...
- Cytochrome P450 enzyme-mediated degradation of Echinacea alkylamides in human liver microsomesA Matthias
MediHerb Research Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Chem Biol Interact 155:62-70. 2005..These findings suggest that Echinacea may effect the P450-mediated metabolism of other concurrently ingested pharmaceuticals...
- Comparison of Echinacea alkylamide pharmacokinetics between liquid and tablet preparationsA Matthias
MediHerb Research Laboratories, 3 85 Brandl Street, Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane QLD 4113, Australia
Phytomedicine 14:587-90. 2007..Furthermore, the results also indicated that the absorption site and any alkylamide loss due to digestive processes were similar in both preparations...
- Investigations into the antiadhesive activity of herbal extracts against Campylobacter jejuniK Bensch
School of Pharmacy, Griffith University, Queensland, Australia
Phytother Res 25:1125-32. 2011..This study provides evidence for additional beneficial effects of marketed herbal medicines in gastrointestinal disorders...
- Permeability studies of alkylamides and caffeic acid conjugates from echinacea using a Caco-2 cell monolayer modelA Matthias
MediHerb Research Laboratories, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Clin Pharm Ther 29:7-13. 2004..This study has focussed on the former two classes, as these are the constituents found in ethanolic liquid extracts...
- Stereoselective synthesis, natural occurrence and CB(2) receptor binding affinities of alkylamides from herbal medicines such as Echinacea spN Matovic
Chemistry, School of Molecular and Microbial Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, 4072, Australia
Org Biomol Chem 5:169-74. 2007....
- Investigations into the antibacterial activities of phytotherapeutics against Helicobacter pylori and Campylobacter jejuniC Cwikla
School of Pharmacy, Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus, Queensland, Australia
Phytother Res 24:649-56. 2010....
- Facilitation of renal autoregulation by angiotensin II is mediated through modulation of nitric oxideZ Guan
Renal Research Centre, Department of Medicine, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Acta Physiol Scand 179:189-201. 2003..This study was designed to investigate the influence of angiotensin II (Ang II) and nitric oxide (NO) on autoregulation of renal perfusion...
- Echinacea intake induces an immune response through altered expression of leucocyte hsp70, increased white cell counts and improved erythrocyte antioxidant defencesL L Agnew
School of Biological, Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of New England, Australia
J Clin Pharm Ther 30:363-9. 2005..To study the effect of Echinacea tablets on the expression of leucocyte heat shock protein 70 (hsp70), erythrocyte haemolysis, plasma antioxidant status, serum chemistry, haematological values and plasma alkylamide concentrations...
- Cytotoxic activity of polyacetylenes and polyenes isolated from roots of Echinacea pallidaA Chicca
Department of Psychiatry, Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Biotechnology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 153:879-85. 2008..pallida roots by bioassay-guided fractionation, were investigated and the potential bioavailability of these compounds in the extract was studied...