- Benzodiazepines, methadone and buprenorphine: interactions and clinical managementNicholas Lintzeris
Sydney South West Area Health Service and University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Addict 19:59-72. 2010..An overview of treatment approaches for managing BZD use in this population is presented, including strategies for minimizing abuse and addressing BZD dependence...
- Injection of medications used in opioid substitution treatment in Australia after the introduction of a mixed partial agonist-antagonist formulationLouisa Degenhardt
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 191:161-5. 2009..Comparison was made with injecting of two other opioid substitution treatment medications, methadone and buprenorphine (BPN); severe harms have been documented after injection of the latter...
- Short-term outcomes of five heroin detoxification methods in the Australian NEPOD ProjectErol Digiusto
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Addict Behav 30:443-56. 2005....
- Cessation of methadone maintenance treatment using buprenorphine: transfer from methadone to buprenorphine and subsequent buprenorphine reductionsCourtney L Breen
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, NSW 2052, Sydney, Australia
Drug Alcohol Depend 71:49-55. 2003..Buprenorphine is used in the treatment of opioid dependence. Due to its pharmacology, the transfer from methadone to buprenorphine may precipitate withdrawal symptoms...
- The outcome of a rapid hepatitis B vaccination programme in a methadone treatment clinicParameswaran Ramasamy
Drug Health Service, Sydney South West Area Health Service, Sydney, Australia
Addiction 105:329-34. 2010..This study examines the completion rates of a HBV vaccination schedule and seroconversion in a group of patients in methadone maintenance treatment...
- Prescription of heroin for the management of heroin dependence: current statusNicholas Lintzeris
Sydney South West Area Health Service, Drug Health Services, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
CNS Drugs 23:463-76. 2009....