- Benzodiazepines, methadone and buprenorphine: interactions and clinical managementNicholas Lintzeris
Sydney South West Area Health Service and University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Addict 19:59-72. 2010..An overview of treatment approaches for managing BZD use in this population is presented, including strategies for minimizing abuse and addressing BZD dependence...
- Injection of medications used in opioid substitution treatment in Australia after the introduction of a mixed partial agonist-antagonist formulationLouisa Degenhardt
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 191:161-5. 2009..Comparison was made with injecting of two other opioid substitution treatment medications, methadone and buprenorphine (BPN); severe harms have been documented after injection of the latter...
- The sources of pharmaceuticals for problematic users of benzodiazepines and prescription opioidsSuzanne Nielsen
Discipline of Addiction Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 199:696-9. 2013..To describe benzodiazepine and prescription opioid use by clients of drug treatment services and the sources of pharmaceuticals they use...
- Diversion of prescribed opioids by people living with chronic pain: Results from an Australian community sampleJessica Belcher
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 33:27-32. 2014..This study investigated the extent to which an Australian community sample of chronic pain patients prescribed opioids reported supplying their prescribed opioids to others...
- Short-term outcomes of five heroin detoxification methods in the Australian NEPOD ProjectErol Digiusto
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Addict Behav 30:443-56. 2005....
- Correlates of pain in an in-treatment sample of opioid-dependent peopleSuzanne Nielsen
Discipline of Addiction Medicine, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 32:489-94. 2013..Our hypothesis is that pain may increase aberrant opioid-related behaviours, including illicit substance use, among opioid-dependent people...
- Validation and implementation of the Australian Treatment Outcomes Profile in specialist drug and alcohol settingsAnni Ryan
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District Drug and Alcohol Service, Sydney, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 33:33-42. 2014..This study aimed to psychometrically validate the Treatment Outcomes Profile under Australian conditions, examining implementation and feasibility issues in three public opioid treatment program clinics in NSW...
- The outcome of a rapid hepatitis B vaccination programme in a methadone treatment clinicParameswaran Ramasamy
Drug Health Service, Sydney South West Area Health Service, Sydney, Australia
Addiction 105:329-34. 2010..This study examines the completion rates of a HBV vaccination schedule and seroconversion in a group of patients in methadone maintenance treatment...
- Cessation of methadone maintenance treatment using buprenorphine: transfer from methadone to buprenorphine and subsequent buprenorphine reductionsCourtney L Breen
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, NSW 2052, Sydney, Australia
Drug Alcohol Depend 71:49-55. 2003..Buprenorphine is used in the treatment of opioid dependence. Due to its pharmacology, the transfer from methadone to buprenorphine may precipitate withdrawal symptoms...
- Prescription of heroin for the management of heroin dependence: current statusNicholas Lintzeris
Sydney South West Area Health Service, Drug Health Services, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
CNS Drugs 23:463-76. 2009....