Affiliation: La Trobe University
- How is maternal psychosocial health assessed and promoted in the early postnatal period? Findings from a review of hospital postnatal care in Victoria, AustraliaJane Yelland
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Carlton, Victoria, Australia
Midwifery 23:287-97. 2007..to describe how women's maternal health, particularly at a psychosocial level, is assessed and promoted during the postnatal hospital stay...
- A statewide review of postnatal care in private hospitals in Victoria, AustraliaJo Anne Rayner
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, 324 328 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne Victoria, 3000, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 10:26. 2010..This provides a more complete overview of the organisational structures and processes in postnatal care in all Victorian hospitals from the perspective of care providers...
- Women's views of postnatal care in the context of the increasing pressure on postnatal beds in AustraliaHelen L McLachlan
La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Women Birth 22:128-33. 2009..We aimed to explore the views of women and their partners regarding a number of theoretical postnatal care 'packages' that could provide an alternative approach to early postnatal care...
- Cross-cultural experiences of maternal depression: associations and contributing factors for Vietnamese, Turkish and Filipino immigrant women in Victoria, AustraliaRhonda Small
Centre for the Study of Mothers and Children s Health, School of Public Health, La Trobe University, 251 Faraday Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
Ethn Health 8:189-206. 2003....
- Enhancing early postnatal care: findings from a major reform of maternity care in three Australian hospitalsJane Yelland
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, 324 328 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 3000, Melbourne, Australia
Midwifery 25:392-402. 2009..four hospitals comprising a health network in Melbourne, Australia, implemented a range of initiatives aimed at enhancing women's experiences of postnatal maternity care...
- The performance of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale in English speaking and non-English speaking populations in AustraliaRhonda Small
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, 251 Faraday Street, Carlton, Vic, 3053, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:70-8. 2007..It has performed satisfactorily in most validation studies, has proved easy to administer, is acceptable to women, and rates of depression in the range of 10-20% have been consistently found...
- Is the organisation and structure of hospital postnatal care a barrier to quality care? Findings from a state-wide review in Victoria, AustraliaHelen L McLachlan
Clinical School of Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing Studies, La Trobe University, 3086, Australia
Midwifery 24:358-70. 2008..to describe the structure and organisation of hospital postnatal care in Victoria, Australia...
- A state-wide review of hospital postnatal care in Victoria, Australia: the views and experiences of midwivesJo Anne Rayner
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia, 3086
Midwifery 24:310-20. 2008..to describe midwives' views and experiences of the provision and organisation of hospital-based postnatal care...
- The early postnatal period: exploring women's views, expectations and experiences of care using focus groups in Victoria, AustraliaDella A Forster
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, 324 328 Lt Lonsdale St, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 8:27. 2008..We aimed to gain a more in-depth understanding of women's views, expectations and experiences of early postnatal care...
- Role of general practitioners in primary maternity care in South Australia and VictoriaGeorgina Sutherland
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 49:637-41. 2009..Recent policy debates about the challenges facing maternity services in Australia provide an opportunity to reflect on current care practices...
- Staffing in postnatal units: is it adequate for the provision of quality care? Staff perspectives from a state-wide review of postnatal care in Victoria, AustraliaDella A Forster
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, 251 Faraday St, Carlton 3053, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 6:83. 2006..This paper focuses on the impact of staffing issues on the provision of quality postnatal care from the perspective of care providers...
- Evaluating innovations in maternity care: methodological approaches to a baseline postal surveyJane Yelland
Centre for the Study of Mothers and Children s Health, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
Birth 30:160-7. 2003..This paper discusses the baseline survey study design and methodological issues associated with the recruitment and reminder processes...
- Immigrant women's views about care during labor and birth: an Australian study of Vietnamese, Turkish, and Filipino womenRhonda Small
Centre for the Study of Mothers and Children s Health at La Trobe University, Carlton, Melbourne, Australia
Birth 29:266-77. 2002..This paper examines the views of three groups of immigrant women about the care they received in hospital for the birth of their babies and compares the findings with a population-based statewide survey...