Affiliation: La Trobe University
- Enhanced maternal and child health nurse care for women experiencing intimate partner/family violence: protocol for MOVE, a cluster randomised trial of screening and referral in primary health careAngela J Taft
Associate Professor, Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:811. 2012..abstract:..
- The power of social connection and support in improving health: lessons from social support interventions with childbearing womenRhonda Small
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, 215 Franklin Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:S4. 2011....
- Ethical complexities of screening for depression and intimate partner violence (IPV) in intervention studiesVictoria J Palmer
Primary Care Research Unit, The Department of General Practice, The University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria 3056, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:S3. 2011..We suggest that a narrative and relational approach to ethics brings to light concerns that principlism can overlook...
- Women's evaluation of abuse and violence care in general practice: a cluster randomised controlled trial (weave)Kelsey L Hegarty
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne 200 Berkeley St, Carlton, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:2. 2010..It examines the effect on women's quality of life, mental health and safety behaviours...
- Using reflexivity to enhance in-depth interviewing skills for the clinician researcherRuth McNair
The Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, 200 Berkeley St, Carlton, 3053, Victoria, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 8:73. 2008..The PhD study used critical phenomenology through in-depth interviews to understand the experience of the patient-doctor relationship between same-sex attracted women and their usual GP in Australia...
- Unintended pregnancy in Australia: what more can we do?Angela J Taft
Med J Aust 195:166-7. 2011
- Mothers' AdvocateS In the Community (MOSAIC)--non-professional mentor support to reduce intimate partner violence and depression in mothers: a cluster randomised trial in primary careAngela J Taft
Associate Professor, Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:178. 2011....
- MOSAIC (MOthers' Advocates In the Community): protocol and sample description of a cluster randomised trial of mentor mother support to reduce intimate partner violence among pregnant or recent mothersAngela J Taft
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
BMC Public Health 9:159. 2009..This paper describes the development, design and implementation of a trial of mentor mother support set in primary care, including baseline characteristics of participating women...
- Are men and women equally violent to intimate partners?A Taft
La Trobe University, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 25:498-500. 2001..A focus on gendered risk of violence in public health policy should target male-to-male public violence and male-to-female intimate partner abuse...
- Depression and termination of pregnancy (induced abortion) in a national cohort of young Australian women: the confounding effect of women's experience of violenceAngela J Taft
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, 324 328 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
BMC Public Health 8:75. 2008..Our objective was to examine the associations with depression of women's experience of violence, pregnancy termination, births and socio-demographic characteristics, among a population-based sample of young Australian women...
- Termination of pregnancy: associations with partner violence and other factors in a national cohort of young Australian womenAngela J Taft
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 31:135-42. 2007..To examine the associations between termination and other reproductive events, socio-demographic characteristics and experience of violence among a community-based national sample of young Australian women...
- Violence against young Australian women and association with reproductive events: a cross-sectional analysis of a national population sampleAngela J Taft
Mother and Child Health Research formerly Centre for the Study of Mothers and Children s Health, La Trobe University, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 28:324-9. 2004..This study aimed to investigate associations between violence and younger women's reproductive events using Survey 1 (1996) data of the Younger cohort of the Australian Longitudinal Study of Women's Health (ALSWH)...
- General practitioner management of intimate partner abuse and the whole family: qualitative studyAngela Taft
Centre for the Study of Mothers and Children s Health, La Trobe University, 251 Faraday Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
BMJ 328:618. 2004..To explore management by general practitioners of victimised female patients, male partners who abuse, and children in the family...
- Associations of self-reported violence with age at menarche, first intercourse, and first birth among a national population sample of young Australian womenLyndsey F Watson
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia
Womens Health Issues 17:281-9. 2007..This paper estimates the relation between women's experience of violence and the age of menarche, first sexual intercourse, and first birth...
- The emergency contraceptive pill rescheduled: a focus group study of women's knowledge, attitudes and experiencesMelissa Hobbs
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 35:87-91. 2009..This paper reports a qualitative study using six focus groups, which were conducted between February and June 2007 in four Australian states with 29 women aged 16-29 years...
- Pharmacy access to the emergency contraceptive pill: a national survey of a random sample of Australian womenMelissa K Hobbs
Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Contraception 83:151-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to measure the knowledge about the ECP and sociodemographic patterns of and barriers to use of the ECP...
- Tackling partner violence in familiesAngela J Taft
Med J Aust 185:535-6. 2006..New guidelines extend opportunities for GPs to respond...