Affiliation: La Trobe University
- Stroke patients communicating their healthcare needs in hospital: a study within the ICF frameworkRobyn O'Halloran
Human Communication Sciences, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Int J Lang Commun Disord 47:130-43. 2012..The ICF proposes that activity limitation can be measured in four different ways...
- Environmental factors that influence communication between patients and their healthcare providers in acute hospital stroke units: an observational studyRobyn O'Halloran
University of Queensland, Communication Disability Centre, Brisbane, Australia Human Communication Sciences, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
Int J Lang Commun Disord 46:30-47. 2011..Many people have communication-related impairments when they are patients in acute hospital stroke units. One way to improve a person's ability to communicate is by providing a supportive communicative environment...
- Person-centeredness, ethics, and stories of riskRobyn O'Halloran
The University of Queensland, Communication Disability Centre, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Bundoora, Australia
Semin Speech Lang 31:81-9. 2010..It may also require speech-language pathologists to be open to their own vulnerabilities as well...
- Environmental factors that influence communication for patients with a communication disability in acute hospital stroke units: a qualitative metasynthesisRobyn O'Halloran
Human Communication Sciences, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:S77-85. 2012..To develop a taxonomy of the environmental factors that influence communication between patients with communication disabilities and their health care providers in hospital stroke units...
- Environmental factors that influence communication between people with communication disability and their healthcare providers in hospital: a review of the literature within the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) framRobyn O'Halloran
Communication Disability Center, Center, School of Rehabilitation Science, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia
Int J Lang Commun Disord 43:601-32. 2008..This paper concludes with suggestions for directions of future research...
- The World Report on Disability as a blueprint for international, national, and local aphasia servicesLinda E Worrall
Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Aphasia Rehabilitation, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Speech Lang Pathol 15:106-12. 2013..An overarching call to action is the need for speech-language pathologists to support a strong and vibrant aphasia community at all levels, so that the voices of people with aphasia can be heard...
- Life lessons from speech pathologyRobyn O'Halloran
Human Communication Sciences, La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia
Top Stroke Rehabil 17:10-2. 2010..A personal account of a speech pathologist's experience of major depression and how her work and research in speech pathology provided a way for her to understand this illness...
- The number of patients with communication related impairments in acute hospital stroke unitsRobyn O'Halloran
The University of Queensland, Australia
Int J Speech Lang Pathol 11:438-49. 2009....