Affiliation: La Trobe University
- Auto-titrating continuous positive airway pressure treatment for obstructive sleep apnoea after acute quadriplegia (COSAQ): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialDavid J Berlowitz
Institute for Breathing and Sleep, Austin Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Trials 14:181. 2013..We therefore propose a prospective, multinational randomized controlled trial of three months of CPAP for obstructive sleep apnoea after acute quadriplegia...
- A comparison of Irish set dancing and exercises for people with Parkinson's disease: a phase II feasibility studyDaniele Volpe
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, S, Raffaele Arcangelo Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Cannaregio, Venice, 3458, Italy
BMC Geriatr 13:54. 2013..The objective of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of a randomized controlled trial of Irish set dancing compared with routine physiotherapy for people with mild to moderately severe PD...
- Reliability of measurements obtained with the Timed "Up & Go" test in people with Parkinson diseaseS Morris
School of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia
Phys Ther 81:810-8. 2001..This study investigated the retest reliability, interrater reliability, and sensitivity of scores obtained with the TUG in detecting changes in mobility in subjects with idiopathic Parkinson disease (PD)...
- The biomechanics and motor control of gait in Parkinson diseaseM E Morris
School of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University, Bundoora 3086, Australia
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 16:459-70. 2001..The results are interpreted in light of the need for gait analysis to investigate complex functional walking tasks rather than confining assessment to straight line walking, which has been the trend to date...
- Changes in gait and fatigue from morning to afternoon in people with multiple sclerosisM E Morris
School of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University, Bundoora, 3086, Australia
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 72:361-5. 2002..The aim was to measure changes in walking patterns and self rated fatigue in people with multiple sclerosis (MS) compared with age matched control subjects, from the morning to the afternoon within a single day...
- Movement disorders in people with Parkinson disease: a model for physical therapyM E Morris
La Trobe University, Bundoora, Australia
Phys Ther 80:578-97. 2000..A case history is used to illustrate how physical therapy treatment is regularly reviewed and adjusted according to the changing constellation of movement disorders that present as the disease progresses...
- Predisposing factors for occasional and multiple falls in older Australians who live at homeMeg Morris
School of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University, Bundoora, VIC 3086, Australia
Aust J Physiother 50:153-9. 2004..03 to 2.51). More multiple fallers (17%) than occasional fallers (9%) reported being very afraid of falling. Intervention strategies should take into account these differing predisposing factors for multiple and occasional falls...
- Three-dimensional gait biomechanics in Parkinson's disease: evidence for a centrally mediated amplitude regulation disorderMeg Morris
School of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mov Disord 20:40-50. 2005..Levodopa and cues normalized amplitude across all joints by altering motor set and bypassing defective basal ganglia mechanisms...
- High reproducibility of patellar tendon vascularity assessed by colour Doppler ultrasonography: a reliable measurement tool for quantifying tendon pathologyJ L Cook
La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Br J Sports Med 39:700-3. 2005..This study examined whether patellar tendon vascularity could be quantified accurately in the clinical setting using colour Doppler ultrasonography...
- Reconstructive neurosurgery for Parkinson's disease: a systematic review and preliminary meta-analysisS Polgar
School of Public Health, Faculty of Health Science, La Trobe University, Bundoora, VIC 3083, Australia
Brain Res Bull 60:1-24. 2003....
- A comparison of gait patterns between the offspring of people with medial tibiofemoral osteoarthritis and normal controlsA J Teichtahl
School of Physiotherapy, School of Human Biosciences, La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:421-3. 2003....
- Therapy outcome measures for allied health practitioners in Australia: the AusTOMsAlison Perry
School of Human Communication Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Int J Qual Health Care 16:285-91. 2004..In this paper we describe phase 1 of the study: the development and preliminary validation of the AusTOMs...
- Concurrent related validity of the GAITRite walkway system for quantification of the spatial and temporal parameters of gaitBelinda Bilney
School of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University, Bundoora, VIC 3083, Australia
Gait Posture 17:68-74. 2003..76-0.91). These results indicate that the GAITRite system has strong concurrent validity and test retest reliability, in addition to being a portable, simple clinical tool for the objective assessment of gait...
- Kinematic patterns associated with accuracy of the drop punt kick in Australian FootballA Dichiera
Musculoskeletal Research Centre, School of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University, Victoria 3086, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 9:292-8. 2006..8 degrees ; inaccurate 12.7 degrees ). These data show that kinematic differences in lower limb joint angles may be related to kicking accuracy...
- The high-level mobility assessment tool (HiMAT) for traumatic brain injury. Part 1: Item generationG Williams
Epworth Hospital, Victoria, and The University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Brain Inj 19:925-32. 2005..To generate a comprehensive list of items for a scale suitable for assessing high-level mobility in people with traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Foot rotation--a potential target to modify the knee adduction momentA J Teichtahl
La Trobe University, VIC 3086, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 9:67-71. 2006..This result implies that changes in foot kinematics can modify the medial tibiofemoral load during gait, which may be important in the prevention and management of knee osteoarthritis...
- Sagittal plane movement at the tibiofemoral joint influences patellofemoral joint structure in healthy adult womenA J Teichtahl
La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 14:331-6. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between sagittal plane movement at the tibiofemoral joint and patella cartilage and bone volumes during the locomotion of healthy adult females...
- The high-level mobility assessment tool (HiMAT) for traumatic brain injury. Part 2: content validity and discriminabilityG P Williams
Physiotherapy Department, Epworth Hospital, 89 Bridge Rd, Richmond 3121, Victoria, Australia
Brain Inj 19:833-43. 2005....
- Reviewing knee osteoarthritis--a biomechanical perspectiveB D Jackson
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Victoria, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 7:347-57. 2004....
- Multilevel orthopaedic surgery in group IV spastic hemiplegiaH Kerr Graham
Hugh Williamson Gait Laboratory, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:548-55. 2005..In group IV hemiplegia pelvic retraction appeared in part to be a compensating mechanism to control foot progression in the presence of medial femoral torsion. Correction of this torsion can improve gait symmetry and function...
- Clinician agreement on gait pattern ratings in children with spastic hemiplegiaF Dobson
The University of Melbourne, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 48:429-35. 2006....
- The role of cervical dysfunction in migraine: a systematic reviewB A Robertson
School of Physiotherapy, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Cephalalgia 28:474-83. 2008..Although animal study evidence proposes a role for cervical musculoskeletal dysfunction in migraine, this systematic review of the literature found that there is currently no convincing evidence to confirm this phenomenon in humans...
- The effect of the knee adduction moment on tibial cartilage volume and bone size in healthy womenB D Jackson
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Victoria 3181, Australia
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:311-4. 2004..The aim of this study was to examine the relationship between the peak knee adduction moment during the early and late stance phases of gait, and medial and lateral tibial bone size and cartilage volume in healthy women...
- A screen for genes induced in the suprachiasmatic nucleus by lightM E Morris
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 279:1544-7. 1998..In contrast to known examples, egr-3 induction by light is restricted to the ventral SCN, a structure implicated in entrainment...