J A Marshall Graves
Affiliation: La Trobe University
- The origin and evolution of the pseudoautosomal regions of human sex chromosomesJ A Graves
School of Genetics and Human Variation, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria 3083, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 7:1991-6. 1998..We conclude that the PARs are relics of differential additions, loss, rearrangement and degradation of the Y chromosome in different mammalian lineages...
- Human Y chromosome, sex determination, and spermatogenesis- a feminist viewJ A Marshall Graves
Department of Genetics, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria 3083, Australia
Biol Reprod 63:667-76. 2000..quot; It is merely a relic of the X chromosome, and most or all of the genes it bears-including the genes that determine sex and control spermatogenesis-are relics of genes on the X chromosome that have other functions altogether...
- The human sex-reversing ATRX gene has a homologue on the marsupial Y chromosome, ATRY: implications for the evolution of mammalian sex determinationA Pask
Department of Genetics and Evolution, La Trobe University, Melbourne 3083, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:13198-202. 2000..There is no evidence for a Y-borne ATRX homologue in mouse or human, implying that this gene has been lost in eutherians and its role supplanted by the evolution of SRY from SOX3 as the dominant determiner of male differentiation...
- Sex from W to Z: evolution of vertebrate sex chromosomes and sex determining genesJ A Marshall Graves
Department of Genetics, LaTrobe University, Melbourne, Victoria 3083, Australia
J Exp Zool 290:449-62. 2001..J. Exp. Zool. 290:449-462, 2001...
- Gene mapping in marsupials and monotremes. II. Assignments to the X chromosome of dasyurid marsupialsA Dobrovic
Department of Genetics, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
Cytogenet Cell Genet 41:9-13. 1986..Counterselection confirmed the synteny of PGK and GLA with HPRT, whereas G6PD showed decreased concordance...