Affiliation: La Trobe University
- Characteristics of patients who did not wait for treatment in the emergency department: a follow up surveyGeraldine Lee
La Trobe University The Alfred Clinical School, The Alfred, Commercial Road, Prahran, Melbourne 3181, Australia
Accid Emerg Nurs 14:56-62. 2006..However, the need for communication with patients in the waiting room should not be under-played...
- A clinical internship model for the nurse practitioner programmeGeraldine A Lee
La Trobe University, Alfred Clinical School of Nursing, The Alfred Hospital, Prahran, and School of Nursing and Midwifery, La Trobe University, Melbourne 3004, Australia
Nurse Educ Pract 8:397-404. 2008..The clinical internship allows the acquisition of knowledge and clinical skills in the clinical specialty with an expert clinical mentor in this innovative programme...
- Commentary on Rantanen A, Kaunonen M, Astedt-Kurki P and Tarkka M (2004) Social support for coronary artery bypass patients and their significant others. Journal of Clinical Nursing 13, 158-166Geraldine A Lee
School of Nursing and Midwifery, La Trobe University, Melbourne 3086, Australia
J Clin Nurs 14:273-7. 2005
- A review of the literature on atrial fibrillation: rate reversion or control?Geraldine Lee
La Trobe University, Alfred Clinical School of Nursing, Prahran, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
J Clin Nurs 16:77-83. 2007..The aim of this paper is to review the current literature describing the aetiology of atrial fibrillation and to examine the evidence for rate reversion and rate control...
- An exploration of staff knowledge on the nurse practitioner's role in the emergency departmentGeraldine Lee
La Trobe University The Alfred Clinical School, The Alfred, Commercial Road, Prahran, Melbourne 3004, Australia
Accid Emerg Nurs 15:79-87. 2007..The role of the Nurse Practitioner (NP) was introduced to the Emergency Department (ED) at a metropolitan hospital in Melbourne, Australia in July 2004...
- Building research capacity: through a hospital-based clinical school of nursingGeraldine Lee
La Trobe University Alfred Clinical School of Nursing, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 29:350-6. 2009..The other benefit is that nurse academics have strengthened their working relationship with clinicians and ensured visible research outputs were achieved...
- Low acuity abdominal pain in the emergency department: still a long waitGeraldine Lee
School of Nursing and Midwifery, LaTrobe University, Bundoora, Melbourne, Victoria 3086, Australia
Int Emerg Nurs 16:94-100. 2008..There are many pressures placed on Emergency Departments (EDs) and anecdotally patients with low acuity abdominal pain can spend a long time in ED waiting for treatment...
- Commentary on Norris T & Melby V (2006) The acute care nurse practitioner: challenging existing boundaries of emergency nurses in the United Kingdom. Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 253-263Geraldine Lee
School of Nursing and Midwifery, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
J Clin Nurs 17:1116-9. 2008
- Health-related quality of life 2 years after coronary artery bypass graft surgerySonia Azzopardi
Cardiothoracic Ward, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Cardiovasc Nurs 24:232-40. 2009....
- A survey of patient satisfaction in a metropolitan Emergency Department: comparing nurse practitioners and emergency physiciansNatasha Jennings
The Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre, Prahran, Victoria, Australia
Int J Nurs Pract 15:213-8. 2009..The Emergency Nurse Practitioner model demonstrates consistent levels of patient satisfaction with patients reporting more favourable satisfaction with the Emergency Nurse Practitioners compared with emergency department doctors...
- Evaluating outcomes of the emergency nurse practitioner role in a major urban emergency department, Melbourne, AustraliaNatasha Jennings
The Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre, Prahran, Vic, Australia
J Clin Nurs 17:1044-50. 2008....
- A comparative study of patient perceived quality of life pre and post coronary artery bypass graft surgeryAlicia Ballan
Ward 3D Cardiothoracic ward, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust J Adv Nurs 24:24-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate recovery from coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABGS) on the basis of patient perceived QoL and in particular, physical and mental health...
- Safely treating hypokalaemia in high dependency cardiac surgical patientsClaire Sladdin
Cardiothoracic Unit, The Alfred, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Nurs Crit Care 11:267-72. 2006..The implementation of the ward-based guideline into practice has been well received by the staff as it has allowed consistent practice and timely treatment of hypokalaemia...
- Medical emergency team: a review of the literatureJulie Barbetti
Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Nurs Crit Care 13:80-5. 2008..The role and contribution of such approaches promoting the early recognition and intervention of these vulnerable patients demands critical appraisal...
- Tackling heart disease and povertyGeraldine Lee
Preventative Cardiology, Baker Heart Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Nurs Health Sci 9:290-4. 2007..Nurses and health professionals must drive health policy so that progress can be achieved in reducing the disease rates...