Gerald A Farrell
Affiliation: La Trobe University
- Workplace aggression, including bullying in nursing and midwifery: a descriptive survey (the SWAB study)Gerald A Farrell
Division of Nursing and Midwifery, La Trobe University, Mental Health Professional Development and Research Unit, Austin Health, Melbourne, Australia
Int J Nurs Stud 49:1423-31. 2012..Workplace aggression remains an important source of distress among nurses and midwives and has negative effects on staff health, patient care and organisations' reputation and fiscal health...
- Scoping workplace aggression in nursing: findings from an Australian studyGerald A Farrell
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health Sciences, La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia
J Adv Nurs 55:778-87. 2006..There is international concern about a perceived rise in occupational violence as a major worldwide public health problem, with associated financial costs...
- Using the WWW to teach undergraduate nurses clinical communicationGerald A Farrell
La Trobe University, Bundoora 3086, Victoria, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 27:427-35. 2007..Students who had readily available computer access, however, had better final grades. Also, students' grades were correlated with how often they accessed the Unit...
- Facing up to 'challenging behaviour': a model for training in staff-client interactionGerald A Farrell
Division of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health Sciences, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Adv Nurs 66:1644-55. 2010..This paper draws on theory and evidence to develop a conceptual staff training model for the management of 'challenging behaviour'...
- Challenging behaviour: an action plan for education and trainingGerald A Farrell
Head, School of Nursing and Midwifery, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Contemp Nurse 34:110-8. 2009..Finally, the cost of training and the need for program evaluation are considered...