Glen A Kennedy
- Combination antithymocyte globulin and soluble TNFalpha inhibitor (etanercept) +/- mycophenolate mofetil for treatment of steroid refractory acute graft-versus-host diseaseG A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:1143-7. 2006..Further study of this immunosuppression combination in a larger cohort of patients in this setting is indicated...
- Incidence and nature of CD20-negative relapses following rituximab therapy in aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a retrospective reviewGlen A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Australia
Br J Haematol 119:412-6. 2002..As such, repeat tissue biopsy should be undertaken to document CD20 expression by both flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry prior to considering repeated courses of rituximab in relapsed aggressive lymphomas...
- Transplantation-associated thrombotic microangiopathy: effect of concomitant GVHD on efficacy of therapeutic plasma exchangeG A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:699-704. 2010..PE is potentially efficacious in the absence of active acute GVHD, and ineffective when acute GVHD is manifest...
- Posttransplant thrombotic microangiopathy: sensitivity of proposed new diagnostic criteriaGlen A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Transfusion 49:1884-9. 2009..However, both newly proposed criteria are yet to be clinically validated...
- Myeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplantation for advanced stage multiple myeloma: very long-term follow up of a single center experienceG A Kennedy
Division of Oncology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Queensland, Australia
Clin Lab Haematol 28:189-97. 2006..Efforts should continue on alternative allogeneic SCT approaches to reduce the high early TRM rate associated with myeloablative conditioning...
- Neutrophil dysplasia characterised by a pseudo-Pelger-Huet anomaly occurring with the use of mycophenolate mofetil and ganciclovir following renal transplantation: a report of five casesGlen A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Centre for Immunology and Cancer Research, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Pathology 34:263-6. 2002..We present a further five cases of MMF-related dysgranulopoiesis characterised by a pseudo-PH anomaly occurring after renal transplantation...
- Outcomes after major or bidirectional ABO-mismatched allogeneic hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation after pretransplant isoagglutinin reduction with donor-type secretor plasma with or without plasma exchangeCameron Curley
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Transfusion 52:291-7. 2012..Although pretransplant (recipient) isoagglutinin reduction may be associated with decreased immunohematologic complications in this setting, there is no consensus with respect to strategies for isoagglutinin reduction...
- Identification of tumours with the CD43 only phenotype during the investigation of suspected lymphoma: a heterogeneous group not necessarily of T cell originGlen A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Pathology 34:46-50. 2002..In this setting, tumours expressing CD43 in the absence of other T or B cell markers (CD43 only phenotype) are rare. We present four cases with this aberrant phenotype seen at our institution...
- A novel mutation of the erythropoietin receptor gene associated with primary familial and congenital polycythaemiaKacey O'Rourke
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Butterfield St, Herston, QLD, 4029, Australia
Int J Hematol 93:542-4. 2011..Given the strong family history of complications attributable to erythrocytosis we have recommended venesection with a haematocrit target of ≤0.45 for our patient...
- Treatment of primary cutaneous follicular centre lymphoma with rituximab: a report of two casesGlen A Kennedy
Haematology Service, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 45:34-7. 2004..No adverse effects were observed. To date, disease progression has occurred in one case during overall follow up at 6 and 17 months. The potential role of rituximab in the treatment of these lymphomas is discussed...
- Ante-mortem diagnosis of localized invasive esophageal aspergillosis in a patient with acute myeloid leukemiaFiona Chionh
Department of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Leuk Lymphoma 46:603-5. 2005..Thus, in patients with hematological malignancies who develop significant gastrointestinal symptoms, we recommend that endoscopic investigations and biopsies are performed to exclude IA as a potential cause...