Rheal A Towner
Affiliation: James Cook University
- In vivo assessment of nodularin-induced hepatotoxicity in the rat using magnetic resonance techniques (MRI, MRS and EPR oximetry)Rheal A Towner
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, North Queensland Magnetic Resonance Centre, School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, James Cook University, Molecular Sciences Building, Townsville, QLD, Australia
Chem Biol Interact 139:231-50. 2002....
- Non-invasive in vivo magnetic resonance imaging assessment of acute aflatoxin B1 hepatotoxicity in ratsR A Towner
North Queensland Magnetic Resonance Centre, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1475:314-20. 2000..01) than controls...
- Assessment of in vivo oxidative lipid metabolism following acute microcystin-LR-induced hepatotoxicity in ratsRheal A Towner
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Biomedical Sciences, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Free Radic Res 36:63-71. 2002..This study strongly suggests that oxidative stress related processes are involved in in vivo microcystin-induced hepatotoxicity in mammals, and may play an integral role in MCLR-induced toxicity...
- In vivo detection of aflatoxin-induced lipid free radicals in rat bileR A Towner
North Queensland Magnetic Resonance Centre and Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Sciences Building, James Cook University, Townsville 4811 Queensland, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1573:55-62. 2002..This indicates that oxidation of AFB1 generates free radical species via CYP metabolism and an iron-mediated redox mechanism...
- In vivo image-guided (1)H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy of the serial development of hepatocarcinogenesis in an experimental animal modelL M Foley
North Queensland Magnetic Resonance Centre, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1526:230-6. 2001..It is anticipated that this model will precede the application of the same technology to the non-invasive diagnosis and grading of human hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Hepatocarcinogenesis tumor grading correlated with in vivo image-guided 1H-NMR spectroscopy in a rat modelRheal A Towner
Free Radical Biology and Aging Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 N E 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 207:237-44. 2005..The results of our study suggest that MRS-detected alterations in lipid metabolism can be correlated with the grading of liver tumor tissue at different stages during the carcinogenesis process...
- In vivo identification of aflatoxin-induced free radicals in rat bileRheal A Towner
Free Radical Biology and Aging Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 35:1330-40. 2003..Trapped 4-POBN radical adducts were also detected in rat bile following the in vivo metabolism of aflatoxin-M1, one of the hydroxylated metabolites of AFB1...
- In vivo detection of c-MET expression in a rat hepatocarcinogenesis model using molecularly targeted magnetic resonance imagingRheal A Towner
Small Animal MRI Core Facility, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Mol Imaging 6:18-29. 2007..This method has the ability to visualize in vivo the overexpression of c-MET at early developmental stages of tumor formation...
- Modulation of Fas-FasL related apoptosis by PBN in the early phases of choline deficient diet-mediated hepatocarcinogenesis in ratsYoshiko Inoue
Free Radical Biology and Aging Research Program, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Free Radic Res 41:972-80. 2007..The CD diet model is also considered as a model for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) in humans and early expression of Fas could also be a good index of the progression of NASH...
- Chemical speciation by selective heteronuclear single-quantum coherence spectroscopy: determination of double-bond quantity in unsaturated fatty acid compoundsYasvir A Tesiram
Small Animal MRI Core Facility, Free Radical Biology and Aging Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
NMR Biomed 21:345-56. 2008....
- Phenyl-tert-butylnitrone induces tumor regression and decreases angiogenesis in a C6 rat glioma modelSabrina Doblas
Oklahoma University Bioengineering Center, Norman, OK, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 44:63-72. 2008..The MR methods that we used also proved to be particularly suitable in following the angiogenic behavior and treatment response of a potential anti-glioma agent in a rat C6 glioma model...