Melissa J Crowe
Affiliation: James Cook University
- Cold water recovery reduces anaerobic performanceM J Crowe
Institute of Sport and Exercise Science, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Int J Sports Med 28:994-8. 2007..3 degrees C) during ice bath immersion but a similar increase also occurred in the control condition. Therefore, cold water immersion caused a significant decrease in sprint cycling performance with one-hour recovery between tests...
- Effects of dietary leucine supplementation on exercise performanceMelissa J Crowe
Institute of Sport and Exercise Science, James Cook University, Townsville, Qld 4811, Australia
Eur J Appl Physiol 97:664-72. 2006..Six weeks' dietary leucine supplementation significantly improved endurance performance and upper body power in outrigger canoeists without significant change in the plasma ratio of tryptophan to BCAA...
- Physiological and cognitive responses to caffeine during repeated, high-intensity exerciseMelissa J Crowe
Institute of Sport and Exercise Science, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland 4811, Australia
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 16:528-44. 2006..Caffeine had no significant effect on peak power, work output, RPE, or peak heart rate. In conclusion, caffeine had no ergogenic effect on repeated, maximal cycling bouts and may be detrimental to anaerobic performance...
- Thermoregulatory responses of junior lifesavers wearing protective clothingWade H Sinclair
Institute of Sport and Exercise Science, James Cook University, Queensland, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 11:542-8. 2008..The results of the present study suggest that the stinger suits should be limited to water-based activities...
- The effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) and HMB/creatine supplementation on indices of health in highly trained athletesMelissa J Crowe
Institute of Sport and Exercise Science at James Cook University, Townsville, QLD, 4811, Australia
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 13:184-97. 2003..However, the majority of these readings remained within normal range. HMB and HMBCr were concluded to have no adverse effects on the parameters evaluated in this study when taken orally by highly trained male athletes over a 6-wk period...
- Effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate and creatine monohydrate supplementation on the aerobic and anaerobic capacity of highly trained athletesM J Crowe
Institute of Sport and Exercise Science, James Cook University, Australia
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 43:64-8. 2003..CONCLUSION: Aerobic and anaerobic ability of highly trained male athletes is unaffected by 6 wks oral supplementation with HMB or a combination of HMB and creatine monohydrate...
- Effects of six weeks of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) and HMB/creatine supplementation on strength, power, and anthropometry of highly trained athletesDonna M O'Connor
Faculty of Education, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Strength Cond Res 21:419-23. 2007..HMB and HMBCr were concluded to have no ergogenic effect on muscular strength and endurance, leg power, or anthropometry when taken orally by highly trained male athletes over 6 weeks...