R J Jackson
- Expression of mouse interleukin-4 by a recombinant ectromelia virus suppresses cytolytic lymphocyte responses and overcomes genetic resistance to mousepoxR J Jackson
Pest Animal Control Cooperative Research Centre, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems, Canberra, Australia
J Virol 75:1205-10. 2001..These data therefore suggest that virus-encoded IL-4 not only suppresses primary antiviral cell-mediated immune responses but also can inhibit the expression of immune memory responses...
- Infertility in female rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) alloimmunized with the rabbit zona pellucida protein ZPB either as a purified recombinant protein or expressed by recombinant myxoma virusP J Kerr
Vertebrate Biocontrol Cooperative Research Centre, CSIRO Wildlife and Ecology, Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia
Biol Reprod 61:606-13. 1999..Oocyte and follicular degeneration appeared to be the principal mechanism of infertility and may be primarily induced by antibodies to ZPB...
- Infertility in mice induced by a recombinant ectromelia virus expressing mouse zona pellucida glycoprotein 3R J Jackson
Commonwealth Scientific Industrial Research Organisation, Division of Wildlife and Ecology, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT
Biol Reprod 58:152-9. 1998..Mice returned to fertility as the anti-ZP3 antibody level in the serum decreased. Reinfection of the mice with the recombinant virus boosted the anti-ZP3 response and restored infertility...
- Myxoma virus encodes an alpha2,3-sialyltransferase that enhances virulenceR J Jackson
Vertebrate Biocontrol CRC, CSIRO Wildlife and Ecology, Canberra, Australia
J Virol 73:2376-84. 1999..The possible implications of the myxoma virus-expressed sialyltransferase in terms of the host's defenses against infection are discussed...
- The myxoma virus EcoRI-O fragment encodes the DNA binding core protein and the major envelope protein of extracellular poxvirusR J Jackson
Vertebrate Biocontrol Co operative Research Centre, CSIRO Division of Wildlife and Ecology, Canberra, Australia
Virus Genes 17:55-62. 1998..The myxoma virus open reading frames MF12, MF15, MF16, MF17 and ME1 encode homologs of poxvirus specific proteins while the MF13 envelope protein also shares amino acid similarity with other poxvirus and cellular proteins...
- Contraceptive responses of mice immunized with purified recombinant mouse zona pellucida subunit 3 (mZP3) proteinsC M Hardy
Pest Animal Control Cooperative Research Centre, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems, GPO Box 284, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
Reproduction 126:49-59. 2003..Arguments are presented for the likely role of glycosylation of the mZP3 antigen in inducing contraceptive immune responses...
- Alternative mechanisms of initiating translation of mammalian mRNAsR J Jackson
Department of Biochemistry, 80 Tennis Court Road, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 33:1231-41. 2005....
- Differential alternative splicing activity of isoforms of polypyrimidine tract binding protein (PTB)M C Wollerton
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
RNA 7:819-32. 2001..These findings establish that the ratio of PTB isoforms could form part of a cellular code that in turn controls the splicing of various other pre-mRNAs...
- Acidification of formula reduces bacterial translocation and gut colonization in a neonatal rabbit modelJ R Mehall
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Arkansas Children's Hospital, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AK, USA
J Pediatr Surg 36:56-62. 2001..05). CONCLUSION: Acidification of formula below pH 4 is bactericidal to enteric organisms. Acidified formula decreases bacterial translocation and gut colonization...
- Analysis of cyclin D3-cdk4 complexes in fibroblasts expressing and lacking p27(kip1) and p21(cip1)T K Bagui
Molecular Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida
Mol Cell Biol 20:8748-57. 2000..We suggest that only a minor portion of the total cyclin D3 pool accounts for all of the cyclin D3-cdk4 activity in the cell regardless of whether the cell contains p27(kip1) and p21(cip1)...
- unr, a cellular cytoplasmic RNA-binding protein with five cold-shock domains, is required for internal initiation of translation of human rhinovirus RNAS L Hunt
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Old Addenbrooke s Site, Cambridge, CB2 1GA, UK
Genes Dev 13:437-48. 1999..Recombinant unr acts synergistically with recombinant PTB to stimulate translation dependent on the rhinovirus IRES. In contrast, unr did not significantly augment the PTB-dependent stimulation of poliovirus IRES activity...
- Measurement of TGF-beta in biological fluidsH Hale-Donze
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Curr Protoc Immunol . 2001..Two support protocols describe acid-activation and neutralization of TGF-beta...