- Coenzyme Q10 deficiency in septic shock patientsLaurent Dupic
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, EA 3509 Université Paris Sud XI, France F 94275, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Crit Care 15:194. 2011..This study is a new step toward a study testing CoQ10 as a potential therapeutic agent for patients with septic shock...
- Changes in urine composition after trauma facilitate bacterial growthCecile Aubron
Site Xavier Bichat, INSERM U722 and Université Paris 7 Denis Diderot, 16 rue Henri Huchard, Paris 75018, France
BMC Infect Dis 12:330. 2012..The composition of urine in trauma patients may be modified due to inflammation, systemic stress, rhabdomyolysis, life support treatment and/or urinary catheter insertion...
- Ensuring animal welfare while meeting scientific aims using a murine pneumonia model of septic shockOlivier Huet
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, The Alfred Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Shock 39:488-94. 2013..91. The plasma levels of cytokines and markers of oxidative stress were all associated with the M-CASS score (Kruskal-Wallis test, P < 0.05). The M-CASS allows tracking of disease progression and animal welfare requirements...
- Interleukin 10 antioxidant effect decreases leukocytes/endothelial interaction induced by tumor necrosis factor αOlivier Huet
Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Sud, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicetre, Universite Paris XI, Paris, France
Shock 39:83-8. 2013..The antioxidant effect of IL-10 is mediated through PI3-kinase and is paralleled by a decrease in ceramide synthesis induced by TNF-α...
- Oxidative stress and endothelial dysfunction during sepsisOlivier Huet
BakerIDI, Heart and Diabetes Institute, 75 Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 16:1986-95. 2011....
- Postresuscitation syndrome: potential role of hydroxyl radical-induced endothelial cell damageOlivier Huet
Réanimation Médicale, Universite Paris Descartes, hôpital Cochin Port Royal, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 39:1712-20. 2011..However, the consequences of the reperfusion phase on endothelial reactive oxygen species production and redox homeostasis have not been explored in out of hospital cardiac arrest patients...
- Pivotal role of glutathione depletion in plasma-induced endothelial oxidative stress during sepsisOlivier Huet
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Bicetre, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, France
Crit Care Med 36:2328-34. 2008..This study investigates the antioxidant defenses of HUVEC exposed to plasma obtained from either septic shock patients or healthy volunteers...
- Variation in endogenous oxidative stress in Escherichia coli natural isolates during growth in urineCecile Aubron
UMR 722 INSERM and Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Site Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
BMC Microbiol 12:120. 2012..coli belonging to various pathovars and phylogenetic groups. Antioxidant defense mechanisms were also analysed...
- Plasma-induced endothelial oxidative stress is related to the severity of septic shockOlivier Huet
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, UPRES EA 3540, Universite Paris XI, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Crit Care Med 35:821-6. 2007..To estimate the capacity of plasma from septic shock patients to induce in vitro reactive oxygen species (ROS) production by endothelial cells and to analyze whether ROS production is related to the severity of the septic shock...