Matthew M Schubert
Affiliation: Griffith University
- Acute exercise and hormones related to appetite regulation: a meta-analysisMatthew M Schubert
School of Public Health, Research Centre for Health Practice Innovation, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Southport, QLD, Australia
Sports Med 44:387-403. 2014..In resting conditions, acylated ghrelin is known to stimulate food intake, while hormones such as peptide YY (PYY), pancreatic polypeptide (PP) and glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) are known to suppress food intake...
- A systematic review of the efficacy of ergogenic aids for improving running performanceMatthew M Schubert
Department of Kinesiology, California State University, Chico, California, USA
J Strength Cond Res 27:1699-707. 2013..1 ± 4.4% improvement). Therefore, runners may benefit from ingestion of sodium bicarbonate to enhance middle distance performance and caffeine and carbohydrate to enhance performance at multiple distances...
- The effects of caffeinated "energy shots" on time trial performanceMatthew Mark Schubert
Department of Kinesiology, California State University Chico, 400 W 1st Street, Yolo Hall 243, Chico, CA 95929, USA
Nutrients 5:2062-75. 2013..05) in performance were detected with RB (17.55 ± 1.01 min) or YM ingestion (17.86 ± 1.59 min) compared to placebo (17.44 ± 1.25 min). Overall, energy shot ingestion did not improve time-trial running performance in trained runners...
- Acute exercise and subsequent energy intake. A meta-analysisMatthew M Schubert
School of Public Health, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Southport, Queensland 4222, Australia
Appetite 63:92-104. 2013....
- Effect of two doses of interval training on maximal fat oxidation in sedentary womenTodd A Astorino
1Department of Kinesiology, California State University San Marcos, San Marcos, CA and 2Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:1878-86. 2013..The primary aim of the current study was to determine the effect of two doses of chronic high-intensity interval training (HIT) on changes in maximal fat oxidation (MFO) and body composition...
- Magnitude and time course of changes in maximal oxygen uptake in response to distinct regimens of chronic interval training in sedentary womenTodd A Astorino
Department of Kinesiology, California State University, 333 S Twin Oaks Valley Road, UNIV 320, San Marcos, CA 92096 0001, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 113:2361-9. 2013..This study aimed to compare changes in maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) in response to two regimens of chronic interval training...
- Individual responses to completion of short-term and chronic interval training: a retrospective studyTodd A Astorino
Department of Kinesiology, California State University San Marcos, San Marcos, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e97638. 2014..Frequency of positive responses to interval training seems to be greater in response to prolonged, higher volume interval training compared to similar durations of endurance training...