Frances V O'Callaghan
Affiliation: Griffith University
- Predicting bicycle helmet wearing intentions and behavior among adolescentsFrances V O'Callaghan
School of Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
J Safety Res 37:425-31. 2006..Cycling accidents in Australia, especially those resulting in head injuries, are a substantive cause of death and disability; but despite legislation and evidence that helmets reduce the risk of head injury, few adolescents wear them...
- Prediction of adolescent smoking from family and social risk factors at 5 years, and maternal smoking in pregnancy and at 5 and 14 yearsFrances V O'Callaghan
School of Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Brisbane and The University of Queensland, Australia
Addiction 101:282-90. 2006..The influence of mothers who smoke in pregnancy or continue to smoke at 14 years was also examined...
- Prenatal alcohol exposure and attention, learning and intellectual ability at 14 years: a prospective longitudinal studyFrances V O'Callaghan
School of Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast, PMB 50 Gold Coast M C, QLD 9726, Australia
Early Hum Dev 83:115-23. 2007..A range of adverse birth outcomes is associated with heavy prenatal alcohol exposure...
- Is smoking in pregnancy an independent predictor of academic difficulties at 14years of age? A birth cohort studyFrances V O'Callaghan
Griffith Institute for Health and Medical Research, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Qld 4222, Australia
Early Hum Dev 86:71-6. 2010..Few studies, however, have examined learning outcomes in adolescents, as opposed to IQ...
- The link between sleep problems in infancy and early childhood and attention problems at 5 and 14 years: Evidence from a birth cohort studyFrances V O'Callaghan
Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
Early Hum Dev 86:419-24. 2010..Little research has examined the associations between early sleep problems and attention problems over several developmental periods...
- Maternal smoking during pregnancy predicts nicotine disorder (dependence or withdrawal) in young adults - a birth cohort studyFrances V O'Callaghan
School of Psychology, Griffith University, Queensland
Aust N Z J Public Health 33:371-7. 2009..To investigate whether maternal smoking during pregnancy predicts offspring nicotine disorder (dependence or withdrawal) at 21 years...
- Maternal alcohol consumption during pregnancy and physical outcomes up to 5 years of age: a longitudinal studyFrances V O'Callaghan
School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Early Hum Dev 71:137-48. 2003..To examine whether alcohol exposure in pregnancy affects weight and head circumference (HC) at birth and 5 years, and whether these effects are independent of cigarette exposure in pregnancy and social disadvantage...
- Normalization of marijuana use: its effects on adolescents' intentions to use marijuanaFrances V O'Callaghan
School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Subst Use Misuse 38:185-99. 2003..For those who intended using marijuana, personal beliefs were significantly more salient than beliefs about what important others thought they should do...
- Understanding women's mammography intentions: a theory-based investigationMikako Naito
School of Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Women Health 49:101-18. 2009..The findings suggest that future interventions aiming to increase screening mammography participation should focus on the theory of planned behavior variables and that implementation intention should also be targeted...