Nigel A J McMillan
Affiliation: Griffith University
- RNA interference for the treatment of papillomavirus diseaseRicha Singhania
The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute, Brisbane, Australia
Open Virol J 6:204-15. 2012..We discuss the idea of using RNAi with current treatments and address delivery of RNAi, the major issue holding back clinical adoption. Finally, we present our view of a potential path to the clinic...
- Potent inhibition of Hendra virus infection via RNA interference and poly I:C immune activationJana L McCaskill
The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e64360. 2013..Our results demonstrate for the first time that RNAi and type I interferon stimulation are effective inhibitors of HeV replication in vitro and may provide an effective therapy for this highly lethal, zoonotic pathogen...
- Efficient Biodistribution and Gene Silencing in the Lung epithelium via Intravenous Liposomal Delivery of siRNAJana McCaskill
University of Queensland Diamantina Institute, Brisbane, Australia
Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 2:e96. 2013..This approach may provide an attractive alternate therapeutic delivery strategy for the treatment of lung epithelium diseases.Molecular Therapy - Nucleic Acids (2013) 2, e96; doi:10.1038/mtna.2013.22; published online 4 June 2013...
- siRNA-induced immunostimulation through TLR7 promotes antitumoral activity against HPV-driven tumors in vivoNorliana Khairuddin
The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 90:187-96. 2012..Collectively, our work demonstrates for the first time that siRNA-induced immunostimulation can have antitumoral effects against HPV-driven tumors in vivo, even independent of gene silencing efficacy...
- In vivo comparison of local versus systemic delivery of immunostimulating siRNA in HPV-driven tumoursNorliana Khairuddin
1 The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 2 Immunotherapeutics Laboratory ITL and Centre of Excellence for Research in AIDS CERiA, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Immunol Cell Biol 92:156-63. 2014..Our data suggest that selection of siRNA profile and delivery method based on tumour environment is crucial to developing siRNA-based therapies. ..
- RNA interference for viral infectionsStephen J Blake
Australian Infectious Diseases Research Centre and Diamantina Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD4072, Australia
Curr Drug Targets 13:1411-20. 2012..Finally we examine innovative approaches being pursued at the Australian Infectious Diseases Research Centre including the use of high-throughput siRNA screens to identify new antiviral targets...
- Dendrosome-based delivery of siRNA against E6 and E7 oncogenes in cervical cancerTathagata Dutta
School of Pharmacy, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Nanomedicine 6:463-70. 2010..Our results imply that dendrosomes hold potential for the delivery of siRNA and that a suitable targeting strategy could be useful for applications in vivo...
- CCL2 and CXCL2 enhance survival of primary chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells in vitroMelinda Burgess
Diamantina Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Leuk Lymphoma 53:1988-98. 2012..Our data support the concept that the CLL microenvironment is critical, and suggests that soluble factors are more important than physical interactions...
- Self-adjuvanting polymer-peptide conjugates as therapeutic vaccine candidates against cervical cancerTzu Yu Liu
School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Biomacromolecules 14:2798-806. 2013..These conjugates were able to reduce tumor growth and eradicate E7-expressing TC-1 tumors in mice after a single immunization, without the help of any external adjuvant...