Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Id1 cooperates with oncogenic Ras to induce metastatic mammary carcinoma by subversion of the cellular senescence responseAlexander Swarbrick
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5402-7. 2008..Mice in which Id1 expression was inactivated also exhibited greatly reduced pulmonary metastatic load. These data demonstrate that established tumors remain sensitive to senescence and that Id1 may be a valuable target for therapy...
- miR-380-5p represses p53 to control cellular survival and is associated with poor outcome in MYCN-amplified neuroblastomaAlexander Swarbrick
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nat Med 16:1134-40. 2010..We demonstrate a new mechanism of p53 regulation in cancer and stem cells and uncover a potential therapeutic target for neuroblastoma...
- Involvement of Lyn and the atypical kinase SgK269/PEAK1 in a basal breast cancer signaling pathwayDavid R Croucher
Cancer Research Program, The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Res 73:1969-80. 2013..Together, our results define a novel signaling pathway in basal breast cancer involving Lyn and SgK269 that offers clinical opportunities for therapeutic intervention...
- Cell cycle machinery: links with genesis and treatment of breast cancerAlison J Butt
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Adv Exp Med Biol 630:189-205. 2008..Furthermore, a more detailed understanding of these pathways may identify new targets for therapeutic intervention particularly in endocrine-unresponsive and endocrine-resistant disease...
- Therapeutic targets in triple negative breast cancerSandra A O'Toole
Department of Tissue Pathology and Diagnostic Oncology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Pathol 66:530-42. 2013....
- ELF5 suppresses estrogen sensitivity and underpins the acquisition of antiestrogen resistance in luminal breast cancerMaria Kalyuga
Cancer Research Program and The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
PLoS Biol 10:e1001461. 2012....
- Hedgehog overexpression is associated with stromal interactions and predicts for poor outcome in breast cancerSandra A O'Toole
Cancer Research, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
Cancer Res 71:4002-14. 2011..Blockade of Hh signaling to peritumoral stromal cells may represent a novel therapeutic approach in some basal-like breast cancers...
- Redefining the expression and function of the inhibitor of differentiation 1 in mammary gland developmentRadhika Nair
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e11947. 2010..Together, these data demonstrate that there is no luminal cell-autonomous role for Id1 in mammary epithelial cell fate determination, ductal morphogenesis and terminal differentiation...
- The Hedgehog signalling pathway as a therapeutic target in early breast cancer developmentSandra A O'Toole
Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Cancer Research Program, Darlinghurst 2010, NSW, Australia
Expert Opin Ther Targets 13:1095-103. 2009..This review highlights important recent developments that affect the potential of the Hh pathway as a novel therapeutic target in early breast cancer...
- The helix-loop-helix protein Id1 requires cyclin D1 to promote the proliferation of mammary epithelial cell aciniC Elizabeth Caldon
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Res 68:3026-36. 2008..In summary, Id1 may contribute to early breast cancer by promoting excessive proliferation through cyclin D1...
- Interleukin-27 signaling promotes immunity against endogenously arising murine tumorsKarlo D T Natividad
Immunological Diseases Division, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e57469. 2013..This is the first study to show that IL-27 promotes protective immune responses against endogenous tumors, which is critical as the basis for future development of an IL-27 based therapeutic agent...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation profiling reveals the signaling network characteristics of Basal breast cancer cellsFalko Hochgräfe
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital Clinical School and Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry Facility, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Res 70:9391-401. 2010....
- Regulation of cyclin expression and cell cycle progression in breast epithelial cells by the helix-loop-helix protein Id1Alexander Swarbrick
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, 384 Victoria St, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
Oncogene 24:381-9. 2005..These data indicate that in mammary epithelial cells, Id1 has cell cycle regulatory functions that are similar to those of c-Myc, and suggest that cyclin D1 may be involved in Id1 regulation of cell cycle progression...
- p27(Kip1) induces quiescence and growth factor insensitivity in tamoxifen-treated breast cancer cellsJason S Carroll
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia
Cancer Res 63:4322-6. 2003..These data suggest that agents that up-regulate p27(Kip1) or inhibit growth factor signaling via the extracellular signal-regulated kinases should be tested as therapeutic strategies in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer...