Genomes and Genes
E K A Millar
Affiliation: Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- The expression of the ubiquitin ligase SIAH2 (seven in absentia homolog 2) is mediated through gene copy number in breast cancer and is associated with a basal-like phenotype and p53 expressionPeter Chan
Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1 A Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
Breast Cancer Res 13:R19. 2011..We investigated the frequency and expression pattern of SIAH2 in two independent cohorts of sporadic breast cancers...
- Enhanced RAD21 cohesin expression confers poor prognosis and resistance to chemotherapy in high grade luminal, basal and HER2 breast cancersHuiling Xu
Research Division, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, VIC 8006, Australia
Breast Cancer Res 13:R9. 2011..We assessed its prognostic and predictive power in a cohort of in situ and invasive breast cancers, and its effect on chemosensitivity in vitro...
- BAG-1 predicts patient outcome and tamoxifen responsiveness in ER-positive invasive ductal carcinoma of the breastE K A Millar
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia
Br J Cancer 100:123-33. 2009..A high BAG-1 expression predicts improved patient outcome in ER+ breast carcinoma. This may reflect both a better definition of the hormone-responsive phenotype and a concurrent increased sensitivity to tamoxifen...
- Prediction of local recurrence, distant metastases, and death after breast-conserving therapy in early-stage invasive breast cancer using a five-biomarker panelEwan K A Millar
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia
J Clin Oncol 27:4701-8. 2009..To determine the clinical utility of intrinsic molecular phenotype after breast-conserving therapy (BCT) with lumpectomy and whole-breast irradiation with or without a cavity boost...
- Prediction of outcome of early ER+ breast cancer is improved using a biomarker panel, which includes Ki-67 and p53E K A Millar
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia
Br J Cancer 105:272-80. 2011..In all, 498 patients with invasive breast cancer from a randomised trial of BCT with or without tumour bed radiation boost were assessed using IHC...
- Identification of PUMA as an estrogen target gene that mediates the apoptotic response to tamoxifen in human breast cancer cells and predicts patient outcome and tamoxifen responsiveness in breast cancerC G Roberts
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
Oncogene 30:3186-97. 2011..Moreover, they provide a convincing rationale for exploring new therapeutic approaches involving endocrine and non-endocrine therapies that target apoptotic pathways as an effective strategy for tackling endocrine refractory disease...
- Cyclin D1b protein expression in breast cancer is independent of cyclin D1a and associated with poor disease outcomeE K A Millar
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Oncogene 28:1812-20. 2009..Thus, specific cyclin D1 isoforms are associated with discrete forms of breast cancer and high cyclin D1b protein levels hold prognostic potential...