Lowenna J Holt
Affiliation: Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Grb10 and Grb14: enigmatic regulators of insulin action--and more?Lowenna J Holt
University of Cambridge, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QR, UK
Biochem J 388:393-406. 2005....
- Grb10 regulates the development of fiber number in skeletal muscleLowenna J Holt
Diabetes and Obesity Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria St, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
FASEB J 26:3658-69. 2012..In addition, Grb10-ablated muscle from adult mice shows coordinate gene changes that oppose those of muscle wasting pathologies, highlighting Grb10 as a potential therapeutic target for these conditions...
- Dual ablation of Grb10 and Grb14 in mice reveals their combined role in regulation of insulin signaling and glucose homeostasisLowenna J Holt
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 23:1406-14. 2009....
- Grb10 deletion enhances muscle cell proliferation, differentiation and GLUT4 plasma membrane translocationNancy Mokbel
Diabetes and Obesity Research Program, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Cell Physiol 229:1753-64. 2014..These data demonstrate an important role for Grb10 as a link between muscle growth and metabolism with therapeutic implications for diseases, such as muscle wasting and type 2 diabetes...
- Adapter protein connections: the MRL and Grb7 protein familiesLowenna J Holt
Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Cancer Research Program, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Growth Factors 23:193-201. 2005
- Structural basis for inhibition of the insulin receptor by the adaptor protein Grb14Rafael S Depetris
Structural Biology Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine and Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell 20:325-33. 2005..Together with the crystal structure of the SH2 domain, we present a model for the interaction of Grb14 with the insulin receptor, which indicates how Grb14 functions as a selective protein inhibitor of insulin signaling...
- Mice with a disruption of the imprinted Grb10 gene exhibit altered body composition, glucose homeostasis, and insulin signaling during postnatal lifeFlorentia M Smith
University of Bath, Developmental Biology Program and Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Department of Biology and Biochemistry, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 27:5871-86. 2007..Thus, Grb10 forms a link between fetal growth and glucose-regulated metabolism in postnatal life and is a candidate for involvement in the process of fetal programming of adult metabolic health...