Affiliation: Flinders University
- The informationist in Australia: a feasibility studyRuth M Sladek
Medical Library, Repatriation General Hospital, Daws Road, Daw Park, SA 5041, Australia
Health Info Libr J 21:94-101. 2004..Whilst similar services are increasing in the UK, with a long history in the USA, this is the first Australian study in an acute public hospital...
- Development of a subject search filter to find information relevant to palliative care in the general medical literatureRuth Sladek
Flinders University of South Australia, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
J Med Libr Assoc 94:394-401. 2006..The research developed and validated palliative care search filters for use in the general biomedical literature...
- OvidSP Medline-to-PubMed search filter translation: a methodology for extending search filter range to include PubMed's unique contentRaechel A Damarell
Palliative and Supportive Services, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide 5001, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:86. 2013..We describe a reproducible methodology that uses a validated PubMed search filter translation to create a textword-only strategy to extend retrieval to PubMed's unique heart failure literature...
- Searching MEDLINE for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health literature: questionable sensitivityRuth M Sladek
Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Health Info Libr J 30:138-48. 2013..Our objective is to quantify experts' literature searching effectiveness with respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's health...
- Development of a heart failure filter for Medline: an objective approach using evidence-based clinical practice guidelines as an alternative to hand searchingRaechel A Damarell
Department of Palliative and Supportive Services, Flinders University, South Australia, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:12. 2011..This study developed and validated a search filter of high clinical utility for the retrieval of heart failure articles in OvidSP Medline...
- Health, economic, psychological and social impact of educating carers of patients with advanced pulmonary disease (protocol)R M Sladek
Flinders University, Sturt Drive, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
Contemp Clin Trials 32:717-23. 2011..Secondary patient outcomes include health related quality of life and disability, and current respiratory health status...
- Do doctors, nurses and managers have different thinking styles?Ruth M Sladek
Research to Practice Group, Department of Medicine, Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, SA 5042, Australia
Aust Health Rev 34:375-80. 2010....
- Applying evidence in the real world: a case study in library and information practiceRuth M Sladek
Department of Palliative and Supportive Services, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Health Info Libr J 25:295-301. 2008..The aims of this study were to explore the impact of decisions made in the development of a palliative care search filter and to consider the implications for implementation...
- Why don't doctors wash their hands? A correlational study of thinking styles and hand hygieneRuth M Sladek
Department of Palliative and Supportive Services, School of Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Infect Control 36:399-406. 2008..This study investigated whether doctors' preferences for a rational thinking style or an experiential thinking style are associated with hand hygiene compliance...
- Measurement properties of the Inventory of Cognitive Bias in Medicine (ICBM)Ruth M Sladek
School of Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 8:20. 2008..We examined the measurement properties of the Inventory of Cognitive Bias in Medicine (ICBM), designed to tap this domain with specific reference to medicine, but with previously questionable measurement properties...
- Improving search filter development: a study of palliative care literatureRuth M Sladek
Flinders University, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 7:18. 2007..4%). Retrieving relevant literature is integral to support evidence based practice, and understanding the nature of the incorrectly excluded citations (false negatives) using the filter may lead to improvement in the filter's performance...
- Changes in the quantity and level of evidence of palliative and hospice care literature: the last centuryJennifer Tieman
Department of Palliative and Supportive Services, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
J Clin Oncol 26:5679-83. 2008..To objectively quantify the literature and the clinical trial basis for palliative and hospice practice given a perception that its evidence base is not well developed...
- The informationist: a prospective uncontrolled studyRuth M Sladek
Medical Library, Repatriation General Hospital, Daw Park, South Australia
Int J Qual Health Care 16:509-15. 2004..To determine whether doctors in an Australian tertiary hospital would use an informationist service, and to identify how the service would influence care...