Affiliation: Flinders University
- Petrovsky N. Comparative Safety of Vaccine Adjuvants: A Summary of Current Evidence and Future Needs. Drug Saf. 2015;38:1059-74 pubmed publisher..While existing adjuvants based on aluminium salts have a strong safety record, there are ongoing needs for new adjuvants and more intensive research into adjuvants and their effects. ..
- McPherson C, Chubet R, Holtz K, Honda Okubo Y, Barnard D, Cox M, et al. Development of a SARS Coronavirus Vaccine from Recombinant Spike Protein Plus Delta Inulin Adjuvant. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1403:269-84 pubmed publisher..The methods herein described for rapid development of a highly protective SARS vaccine are equally suited to rapid development of vaccines against other fatal human coronavirus infections, e.g., the MERS coronavirus. ..
- Honda Okubo Y, Barnard D, Ong C, Peng B, Tseng C, Petrovsky N. Severe acute respiratory syndrome-associated coronavirus vaccines formulated with delta inulin adjuvants provide enhanced protection while ameliorating lung eosinophilic immunopathology. J Virol. 2015;89:2995-3007 pubmed publisher..Thus, delta inulin adjuvants may offer a unique ability to develop safer and more effective coronavirus vaccines. ..
- Barclay T, Rajapaksha H, Thilagam A, Qian G, Ginic Markovic M, Cooper P, et al. Physical characterization and in silico modeling of inulin polymer conformation during vaccine adjuvant particle formation. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;143:108-15 pubmed publisher..5 nm thick comprising helically organized inulin chains orthogonal to the plane of the layer. These crystalline layers alternate with amorphous layers 2.4 nm thick, to give overall particle crystallinity of 78%. ..
- He Y, Cao Z, De Groot A, Brusic V, Schonbach C, Petrovsky N. Computational vaccinology and the ICoVax 2012 workshop. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14 Suppl 4:I1 pubmed publisher..This Editorial provides a list of major challenges for the future of computational vaccinology and identifies developing themes that will expand and evolve over the next few years. ..
- Petrovsky N. The vaccines development forum. IDrugs. 2008;11:478-81 pubmed
- Gordon D, Sajkov D, Honda Okubo Y, Wilks S, Aban M, Barr I, et al. Human Phase 1 trial of low-dose inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine formulated with Advax™ delta inulin adjuvant. Vaccine. 2016;34:3780-6 pubmed publisher..Hence, delta inulin may be a useful adjuvant for use in seasonal or pandemic influenza vaccines. Australia New Zealand Clinical Trial Registry: ACTRN12607000599471. ..
- Ali E, Rajapaksha H, Carr J, Petrovsky N. Norovirus drug candidates that inhibit viral capsid attachment to human histo-blood group antigens. Antiviral Res. 2016;133:14-22 pubmed publisher..This review explores norovirus therapeutic options based on the strategy of blocking norovirus-HBGA binding. ..
- Adamson P, Al Kindi M, Wang J, Colella A, Chataway T, Petrovsky N, et al. Proteomic analysis of influenza haemagglutinin-specific antibodies following vaccination reveals convergent immunoglobulin variable region signatures. Vaccine. 2017;35:5576-5580 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates the feasibility of using a proteomic approach to determine the expressed V region signatures of serum antibodies induced by vaccination. ..
- Petrovsky N, Larena M, Siddharthan V, Prow N, Hall R, Lobigs M, et al. An inactivated cell culture Japanese encephalitis vaccine (JE-ADVAX) formulated with delta inulin adjuvant provides robust heterologous protection against West Nile encephalitis via cross-protective memory B cells and neutralizing antibody. J Virol. 2013;87:10324-33 pubmed publisher..In the absence of an approved human WNV vaccine, JE-ADVAX could provide an alternative approach for control of a major human WNV epidemic. ..