Affiliation: Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit
Location: Adelaide, Australia
- Harris M, Lawn S, Morello A, Battersby M, Ratcliffe J, McEvoy R, et al. Practice change in chronic conditions care: an appraisal of theories. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:170 pubmed publisher..Quantitative measurement of theory constructs may present difficulties. ..
- Lawn S, Lloyd A, King A, Sweet L, Gum L. Integration of primary health services: being put together does not mean they will work together. BMC Res Notes. 2014;7:66 pubmed publisher..Shared interprofessional student placements may be one way forward. ..
- M S, S L, E R, C L. Teaching health science students foundation motivational interviewing skills: use of motivational interviewing treatment integrity and self-reflection to approach transformative learning. BMC Med Educ. 2015;15:228 pubmed publisher..Structured self-reflection, using tools such as the MITI can promote awareness of MI skills and compliment didactic teaching methods. ..
- Lawn S, Delany T, Pulvirenti M, Smith A, McMillan J. Examining the use of metaphors to understand the experience of community treatment orders for patients and mental health workers. BMC Psychiatry. 2016;16:82 pubmed publisher..More understanding of how to promote autonomy, capacity and supported decision-making, and how to address the impacts of coercion within care, is needed. ..
- Schoo A, Lawn S, Carson D. Towards equity and sustainability of rural and remote health services access: supporting social capital and integrated organisational and professional development. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016;16:111 pubmed publisher..An integrated approach is needed to enhance rural workforce and health services; one that develops, acknowledges and accounts for social capital and social relations within the rural community. ..
- Conway J, Tsourtos G, Lawn S. The barriers and facilitators that indigenous health workers experience in their workplace and communities in providing self-management support: a multiple case study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:319 pubmed publisher..Recommendations focus on supporting and supplementing the role of IHWs and identify the FCTGP as a facilitator in providing self-management support to a population with complex needs. ..
- Lawn S, Lucas T. Addressing Smoking in Supported Residential Facilities for People with Severe Mental Illness: Has Any Progress Been Achieved?. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed..A more systematic approach that addresses SRF regulations, smoke-free policies, staff attitudes and training, and consistent smoking cessation support to residents is needed. ..
- Lawn S, Zhi X, Morello A. An integrative review of e-learning in the delivery of self-management support training for health professionals. BMC Med Educ. 2017;17:183 pubmed publisher..Blended learning that combines e-learning and face-to-face methods is suggested to support SMS skills development for health professionals. ..