Affiliation: Flinders University
- The experience of community health workers training in Iran: a qualitative studySara Javanparast
South Australian Community Health Research Unit SACHRU, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 12:291. 2012..This study aimed to analyse the CHW training process in Iran and how different components of training have impacted on CHW performance and satisfaction...
- Analysis of breastfeeding policies and practices in childcare centres in Adelaide, South AustraliaSara Javanparast
South Australian Community Health Research Unit, Southgate Institute for Health, Society and Equity, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Matern Child Health J 16:1276-83. 2012..Breastfeeding promotion needs to be an integral part of childcare centres training, policy and practice if an increased rate of breastfeeding is to be achieved particularly amongst working mothers...
- Barriers to and facilitators of colorectal cancer screening in different population subgroups in Adelaide, South AustraliaSara Javanparast
Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 196:521-3. 2012..To identify barriers to and facilitators of colorectal cancer (CRC) screening participation among different cultural subgroups in South Australia, and to describe how these might be shared or be distinct across these groups...
- A policy review of the community health worker programme in IranSara Javanparast
Discipline of Public Health, Flinders University, Health Science Building North Ridge Precinct, Registry Road, Bedford Park, SA 5042, Australia
J Public Health Policy 32:263-76. 2011..We draw on a wide range of information about the Iranian programme and from this analysis draw important lessons on how to improve rural population health outcomes through Primary Health Care...
- How equitable are colorectal cancer screening programs which include FOBTs? A review of qualitative and quantitative studiesSara Javanparast
Discipline of Public Health, Flinders University, Australia
Prev Med 50:165-72. 2010..Studies were included in the review if they included FOBT as at least one of the screening tests...
- Exploring health stakeholders' perceptions on moving towards comprehensive primary health care to address childhood malnutrition in Iran: a qualitative studySara Javanparast
Discipline of Public Health, Flinders University, Faculty of Health Sciences, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 9:36. 2009..Health stakeholders are defined as those who affect or can be affected by health system, for example health policy-makers, health providers or health service recipients...
- Colorectal cancer screening in rural and remote areas: analysis of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program data for South AustraliaAngelita Martini
Discipline of Public Health, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Rural Remote Health 11:1648. 2011....
- Community health workers' perspectives on their contribution to rural health and well-being in IranSara Javanparast
South Australian Community Health Research Unit, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia
Am J Public Health 101:2287-92. 2011..The activities of community health workers (CHWs) have been identified as key to improvements in the health of Iran's rural population. We explored the perceptions of CHWs regarding their contribution to rural health in Iran...
- Equity of colorectal cancer screening: cross-sectional analysis of National Bowel Cancer Screening Program data for South AustraliaPaul R Ward
Discipline of Public Health, Flinders University, South Australia
Aust N Z J Public Health 35:61-5. 2011....
- Equity of colorectal cancer screening: which groups have inequitable participation and what can we do about it?Paul R Ward
Discipline of Public Health, Flinders University, Flinders University, Bedford Park, SA 5042, Australia
Aust J Prim Health 17:334-46. 2011..There is a large role in primary health care of both recommending CRC screening and facilitating equitable participation...