Kevin D Forsyth
Affiliation: Flinders University
- Pertussis control in the Asia-Pacific region: a report from the Global Pertussis InitiativeKevin Forsyth
Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 43:699-711. 2012..Once armed with sufficient epidemiological evidence, the prevention strategies recommended by the GPI can then be appropriately (and more effectively) introduced...
- Results of a multi-country exploratory survey of approaches and methods for IMCI case management trainingAmeena E Goga
Medical Research Council, Francie van Zijl Drive, Parowvallei, Cape Town, South Africa
Health Res Policy Syst 7:18. 2009....
- Prevention of pertussis: recommendations derived from the second Global Pertussis Initiative roundtable meetingKevin D Forsyth
Department of Pediatrics, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia
Vaccine 25:2634-42. 2007..Universal adult vaccination is a logical goal for the ultimate elimination of pertussis disease, but feasibility issues remain obstacles to implementation...
- Meeting the needs of medical students training in paediatrics and child healthK Forsyth
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 35:11-3. 1999..The educational change paradigm and the nature of the changes in training proposed are summarized...
- Pertussis immunization in the global pertussis initiative international region: recommended strategies and implementation considerationsKevin Forsyth
Department of Paediatrics, Flinders Medical Centre, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:S93-7. 2005....
- Potential strategies to reduce the burden of pertussisKevin Forsyth
Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:S69-74. 2005..However, certain steps can be taken now to reduce the incidence of pertussis...
- New pertussis vaccination strategies beyond infancy: recommendations by the global pertussis initiativeKevin D Forsyth
Department of Paediatraics and Child Health, Flinders Medical Center, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Infect Dis 39:1802-9. 2004..The Global Pertussis Initiative, an expert scientific forum, was established to address the ongoing problems associated with pertussis disease worldwide...
- Immune and inflammatory responses in sudden infant death syndromeK D Forsyth
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Flinders University of South Australia, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 25:79-83. 1999..It may be that in certain SIDS cases a trivial infection triggers an exaggerated inflammatory response, inducing cytokine cascades and eventual demise of the infant...
- Interleukin-2 in human milk: a potential modulator of lymphocyte development in the breastfed infantDani Louise Bryan
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Flinders University, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
Cytokine 33:289-93. 2006..This is the first report of IL-2 in the aqueous phase of human milk. A supply of exogenous IL-2 in human milk may provide the suckling infant with important immunological signals during a significant stage of T cell development...
- Immunomodulatory constituents of human milk change in response to infant bronchiolitisDani Louise Bryan
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Flinders University, South Australia, Australia
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:495-502. 2007....
- Lower interleukin-8 levels in airway aspirates from breastfed infants with acute bronchiolitisDani Louise Dixon
Intensive and Critical Care Unit, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 21:e691-6. 2010..02) but not with myeloperoxidase, suggesting the predominance of mature, secondary granule laden neutrophils. These findings indicate a potential mechanism of protective immune regulation during bronchiolitis in the breastfed infant...
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids regulate cytokine and prostaglandin E2 production by respiratory cells in response to mast cell mediatorsDani Louise Bryan
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Flinders University, Child Health Research Institute, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Lipids 41:1101-7. 2006....