S V Dunn
Affiliation: Flinders University
- The roles of Australian chairs in clinical nursingS V Dunn
Chair in Nursing Practice, Flinders University of South Australia Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, Australia
J Adv Nurs 31:165-71. 2000..Through emphasizing common purpose and mutual respect, these positions can illuminate the crucial role nursing plays in Australian health care delivery...
- The development of competency standards for specialist critical care nursesS V Dunn
Flinders University of South Australia Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
J Adv Nurs 31:339-46. 2000..They have been viewed with interest by a variety of non-critical care specialty groups and may form a common precursor from which further specialist nursing practice assessment will evolve...
- A framework for description and evaluation of the nurse specialist role in South AustraliaSandra Dunn
Flinders University Flinders Medical Centre
Collegian 13:23-30. 2006..Recommendations arising from the research suggest that evaluation strategies need to be accompanied by appropriate staff education and be sensitive to the social, political and economic context of practice...
- Perceptions of working as a nurse in an acute care settingSandra Dunn
Department of Nursing Education and Research, Flinders University Medical Centre, Bedford Park, 5042 South Australia, Australia
J Nurs Manag 13:22-31. 2005..Study findings provide some clear goals for responsive, sensitive management...
- What stresses remote area nurses? Current knowledge and future actionSue Lenthall
Centre for Remote Health, Flinders University and Charles Darwin University, PO Box 4066, Alice Springs, Northern Territory, 0871, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 17:208-13. 2009..Review and synthesise the literature identifying the stresses experienced by remote area nurses (RANs). Identify interventions implemented to address identified stresses. Explore the use of the job demands-resources (JD-R) model...
- Competency and capability: imperative for nurse practitioner educationGlenn Gardner
Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Australia
Aust J Adv Nurs 24:8-14. 2006..The objective of this study was to conduct research to inform the development of standards for nurse practitioner education in Australia and New Zealand and to contribute to the international debate on nurse practitioner practice...
- Using nursing information systems to enhance quality service across multiple service providersSandra Dunn
Nursing Practice at Flinders Medical Centre/Flinders University, Adelaide
Aust Health Rev 27:103-10. 2004..This restructuring towards a regionalised NIS would improve overall communication, education, security efficiency and sustainability...
- Development and evaluation of an innovative community-based PEG support serviceKerrie Dollard
PEG Care and Support Service, Endoscopy Suite, Flinders Medical Centre, South Australia
Gastroenterol Nurs 27:156-62. 2004..As a result of this project, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy management can now be provided in the patient's home setting, thereby improving patient and caregiver satisfaction and reducing hospital admissions...
- The capability of nurse practitioners may be diminished by controlling protocolsJenny Carryer
School of Health Sciences, Massey University, PO Box 11 22, Palmerston North 5301, New Zealand
Aust Health Rev 31:108-15. 2007..The distinction we wish to make in this paper is between guidelines aiming to support practice, and protocols which aim to control practice...
- The core role of the nurse practitioner: practice, professionalism and clinical leadershipJenny Carryer
Massey University and Mid Central District Health Board, New Zealand
J Clin Nurs 16:1818-25. 2007..To draw on empirical evidence to illustrate the core role of nurse practitioners in Australia and New Zealand...
- Nurse Practitioner competency standards: findings from collaborative Australian and New Zealand researchGlenn Gardner
School of Nursing, Queensland University of Technology and Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, Queensland 4059, Australia
Int J Nurs Stud 43:601-10. 2006..Despite this expansion of the role, there is scant national or international research to inform development of nurse practitioner competency standards...